Question about Ricoh Caplio R7 Digital Camera
Ricoh digital camera. Lens is stuck in protracted position, camera does not operate
I am Sorry to hear regarding the Problem.This is a ' Lens Problem ' which is Quite Common on these Models.
It is not worth to get it Repaired, as the Cost of repair would be quite high as compared to the cost of the new camera.
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
If no luck then only other option is a serviceman I'm afraid, be sure to get a quotes as camera repairs can be uneconomical
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2012 | Nikon Coolpix 4100 Digital Camera
Mar 11, 2011 | Nikon S8100 Digital Camera
Jul 10, 2010 | Ricoh XR-10M 35mm SLR Camera
Nov 05, 2009 | Cameras
Sep 21, 2009 | Fuji FinePix V10 Digital Camera
Jan 25, 2009 | Ricoh Caplio R7 Digital Camera
Oct 12, 2008 | Cameras
Jul 16, 2008 | Canon PowerShot SD630 Digital ELPH / IXUS...
Oct 19, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Camera
Oct 17, 2017 | Ricoh Caplio R7 Digital Camera
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: