I forgot my phone in my back pocket and it got thrown in the washer,it wasn't all the way full and didn't start the wringer cycle yet but it did get drenched. I immediately took out the battery and sim chip and have had it under the fan overnight and in the sun today. Is there any hope for my phone?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: My phone was accidentally in the washer
1) put your phone in a vesel which has lot of tiny holes and put your mobile with battery removed and all panels and back panel removed into it.
2) the above suggested vessel or contration shouls be smaller now inset this vessel or contraption in a larger vessel , in which keep any hygroscopic salt like easily available calcium oxide crystals from your local chemist to absorb all the mosture.
note keep the salt and piece away as it absorbs moisture it will melt and become watery.
3) otherwise if u are a bit of techie open up the screws and piece with a screw driver till motherboard and clean with nail polish remover i.e, acetone chemically known or any ethyl achol i.e, a strong locally available liquor with a wade of cotton with anti static gloves , i.e, even medical gloves clean the piece and leave it under the fan for a day.
4) that should do the damage control and keep your fingers crossed , switch on the piece ONLY WHEN IT IS FULLY DRY.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
did you get your phone wet? same thing used to happen to my samsung prevail when i accidentally dropped it in a bucket full of water, after maybe 3 days of it doing that (showing logo, then black screen) it finally died, i put a brand new and charged battery but it didn't work, my friend who works for sprint, told me smart phones sometimes "burn out" meaning they overheat and eventually give out... I just bought me a new one when he told me that, cause I did use it alot and it did tend to overheat. Check your battery for any leakage, for some reason mine was...
Sorry to tell you this, but since you didn't back them up before you did it, the only way you can get back your contacts is by manually re-entering them into your phone. As for the messages, you can't get those back.
Try deleting SMS messages one by one, then, after all the SMS messages are deleted, restart your phone. This worked on my W230 for a while, then it didn`t work anymore. You will have problems in receiving messages as well, soon. I don`t understand why Motorola doesn`t announce a solution to this problem. Maybe they don`t care. That`s why my next mobile phone wasn`t a Moto :)
IDK about a simple legitimate fix for this. I was just messin around with the pattern, hit "forgot pattern" to see what it does. It asks me for the Google username and password, but has no way for me to go back! I know the pattern! The Motorola Droid is free from this problem, when on the forgot password screen, it still allows me to go back to the pattern screen. Very disappointing HTC...
On the other hand, there is a bit of a "hack" that can be used to solve this. Create a new Google account. Then call the locked phone from another phone. While in the call, you have full access to the phone. Press home, go into your settings, and add your new Gmail account into the phone. End the call, go back, and enter your new Gmail info. You may also need to enable Wifi while the call is still connected, I'm not sure if 3G will work for the sync while the phone is "locked".