- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you dont need to install the driver for the 2wire, you just need to configure the computer to look for the 2wire, if unable to locate the 2wire from your computer, there is a problem on your 2wire it self
The Link im giving is for WIn 98,2000,XP etc and Vista. Both Version of 2wire 802.11g USB Wireless Adapter Drivers are Here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgGovtiQp3g Video Explains,Links you and comes with Installation Pdf manual. Take care
You are attempting to install a (brand name) 2wire wireless usb adapter, normally theSBCDSL CD is ONLY what you would use to set up your SBC DSL modem. You should have a specific 2wire CD that you put in your CD Drive when you want to install the 2wire wireless usb adapter. Can you locate this CD?
Introduction ============ This document describes the procedure to install driver for the 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter under Microsoft Windows, and to run a wireless configuration program to configure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to work with a 2Wire HomePortal or OfficePortal wireless gateway. These drivers work under Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, and XP.
STEP 1 - Driver Installation ============================
1. Make sure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter has not been connected to your computer USB port.
2. Double-click on the file to run WinZip Self-Extractor. The driver installation files will be placed in your hard disk in the C:\TWWUSB_TEMP directory
3. Connect your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to an available USB port in your computer. Windows Found New Hardware Wizard will startup.
4. Select the option to search for driver in specific location. Specify C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP as the location of driver.
5. Follow on-screen instruction to finish driver installation.
STEP 2 - Wireless Configuration ===============================
1. Run the program WirelessCfg.exe in the directory C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP. You can do so by clicking on the Windows Start button and select Run. The Windows Start button is typically at the lower left corner of the screen. Type in C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP\WirelessCfg.exe to launch the program.
2. Follow on-screen instruction to configure your wireless setting. Enter the serial number and encryption key as they are printed on the bottom of your 2Wire wireless gateway.
you cant change the wep key on the upstairs pc unless you change it on the 2wire 1st. the pc wep key has to match whatever the 2wire has it set to. go to the 2wire router settings throught the downstairs pc that is working to be able to see what the wep key is set to, then when you get the key or set a new one enter that key into the upstairs pc.