- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the 20A fuse is blowing, it is often the high voltage transformer or magnetron. If this is the case, and the microwave is not under warranty, replace it. Residential microwaves are generally considered disposable. Parts and labor are just too expensive. A magntron or transformer can cost more that half the cost of a new microwave.
most micros have either a 15amp or 20 amp ceramic fuse at the top behind the touch pad. cover has to be removed. don't touch the hv capacitor. check fuse for continuity if none replace with like fuse. if it blows again you have another problem.
Call any service center that services appliances or most any electronics parts supplier. You will have to know the specs of the thermo fuse to order one.
If the thermo fuse is blown, most likely there was an overheating condition, and there is a failure somewhere. This can be a serious safety issue. When you change the fuse, it may blow again. It would be best to verify the specifications and for proper operation of the unit before using it again. A qualified service center for microwave ovens can do this for you.