Question about Sony MDR-V150 Professional Headphones
I have stripped my wires and found the two pair of wires one is red and gold and one is green and gold ... I understand that the gold wires are ground and the left and right are the green and red ... however I have a radioshack plug end with 3 terminals .. part number 274-0869 ... since this part comes without any specs or instructions I cannot determine which is the ground and what is the right or left ... please help.
Many have complained about a lack of instructions for the Radio Shack 1/8" rplacement plug. I recently had to fix my eMachines speakers after many years of use.
1. Remove the plastic protective housing from Radio Shack's part# 274-0869. It covers the screws used to connect your wires.
2. Cut the defective end off off your speakers or headphones to be repaired. Place the knurled gold housing and then the plastic prtective housing onto the wire of the device being repaired (to avoid doing things twice).
3. Strip about 1 inch of shield from the end of the cable being repaired.
4. You may wish to "tin" the braided wires with a soldering iron to ensure a quality repair with limited chance for "shorts."
5. On my speakers there were white, red and copper wires. The copper wire is the cable shield and connects to the longest connector. White connects to the center screw (the core of the plug), red connects to the 2nd shortest screw lead and the sheild (copper) wire connects to the longest (furthest from the tip of the plug).
I had pics but the size limitation by Fixya are unrealistic.... Good Luck!
Posted on Jul 31, 2011
See my tip on replacing dodgy cable and plugs on headphones.
Posted on May 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2010 | Philips SHP 2500 Consumer Headphones
Apr 15, 2010 | Sennheiser CX 400 Headphones
Jan 02, 2010 | Sony MDR-V150 Professional Headphones
Dec 23, 2009 | Slider Kyocera SE47/ Portable Handsfree...
Oct 03, 2009 | Sennheiser PXC 250 Consumer Headphones
May 14, 2009 | Skull Candy Lowrider Headphones
Mar 29, 2009 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Turtle Beach Ear...
Nov 28, 2008 | TDK MP100 Professional Headphones
Nov 04, 2008 | Bose TriPort Consumer Headphones
Nov 04, 2008 | Phoenix Gold Tantrum BASSCUBE Car...
Aug 06, 2012 | Sony MDR-V150 Professional Headphones
1,199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: