Question about Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
There a numbers of reasons why your machine doesn't receive faxes. Please follow the following steps to start troubleshoot:
1. First check your power supply and make sure the output is correct. You can do this with a multimeter. Suppose if your adaptor Dc output is 31Volt and you can see only 20Volt on your multimeter, you'll not be able to receive or send faxes.
2. Make sure you hear the correct dial tone when you dial a number, if not reset your machine, to do this, remove all the components from the machine like; cartridges, paper, power cable, phone line cable, and reconnect them after few minutes.
3. Verify that the answer mode is correctly set.
4. Also verify that the phone line is directly connected to the machine, means not rollover connection (extension line).
5. Try the machine with another phone line, this will let you know that your phone line is not the culprit.
6. Check your cartridges and verify they are working well, you can print a test page.
If all of the above instructions can't fix the problem, then your machine is needed to be serviced. I wish you good luck.
Posted on May 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2015 | Panasonic UF-5500 Fax Machine
May 18, 2010 | Brother FAX-1020e Plain Paper Thermal...
Mar 01, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 24, 2009 | HP 640 Inkjet Fax Machine
Oct 22, 2008 | Brother IntelliFax-2920 Plain Paper Fax,...
Oct 21, 2008 | Canon FAX-B820 Plain Paper Bubblejet
Oct 11, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2008 | HP Officejet 4215v All-in-One Printer
Feb 15, 2008 | Lexmark X8350 Print, Scan, Copy and Fax...
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: