We have a Panasonic TV, it's about 5 years old now, and we've been using a universal remote with it, our VCR, DVD player, etc. All the other gadgets still respond to the remote, but the TV won't respond to this or to the original remote that came with it.
Is this likely to be repairable? Will I ever find anyone willing to do it? Or is the TV bound for someone who needs the exercise of getting up to press the buttons?
Re: Panasonic Television no longer responds to remote
If the replacement remote control works, than the origional unit needs repairing. the problem is,to find a tech that will fix it. check the internet for a new control from panasonik or the sydney telephone book hstrecke.bigpond.net.au
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi! Here are the steps on hoe to program your remote control to your TV. I hope this helps.
Code List : 012,013,038,086
1. Press and "HOLD" CODE SEARCH. 2. Press and release the TV button you want to set up. If programming AUX for a device, press and release AUX first and then the device to be programmed (TV, VCR or Cable). When the selected device button flashes proceed to the next step. 3. Enter the three digit code. 4. Release CODE SEARCH. 5. With the device on, press another button, for example CHANNEL UP. If the device responds, no further programming is required. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 1-5 using another code number from the lists.
hi have you tried scanning all codes with the remote untill it picks up the correct signal if you have the manual it will tell you how to do this if its possible it will work after searching the codes. Also what model remote and what make cable box
Try Remotes.com to buy the original remote,will never worries about codes again.This tv was manufacturer by some small company for Disney corporation,that why very hard to get the universal codes to when the tv is old.
There are a few universal remote controls that you can use, I have 2 philips remotes that work. One is model SRU4106/27, I believe i purchased that last year at Target, the other I no longer have the instructions to and there is no model number on the remote, but if the label says dvr's the remote will probably work. It is nice to get one with an advance button that has an arrow on the button, because Replay tv of that model has a commercial skip that can be used vs fast forward on other dvrs. The remote that I gave the model number for does not have the advance button, but the other thinner gray remote does have it and I purchased that one at Best Buy, but haven't seen them there in a while. You can also find them on ebay, just search replay tv on the search bar...Good Luck!
* Point it at a TV set and press the Mute/Power button. (Mute button if
TV is already on, or Power button if the TV hasnt already been turned on)
* Keep pointing it at the TV until the TV turns on or muted, most TVs respond in about
5 seconds, the most is up to 20 seconds. (Other universal television remote you find in
stores take minutes to program and enter long confusing codes)
* Once the TV is muted or turns on, simply let go of button and you have total
control. You can use the remote as if you had the original remote, and responds instantly. ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM of choices
with our remote!
Most remote controls require minutes of programming a universal remote code
into each television while you read the confusing instruction manual.