Question about Kohler Electrical Supplies
I have a 1975, 7.5 Kohler marine genset. it runs fine when i push in the reset button on the control section of the generator. The motor is fine and it seems to be generating power, it just won't keep running. It ran great all last summer every Sunday evening for about 4 hours but at spring startup it won't keep running. What I would really like is a service/trouble shooting manual for the generator control end. i have manuals for the engine end.
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Kohler 23EOZD, 23KW-60Hz
Jun 06, 2012 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
May 02, 2012 | Electrical Supplies
Jul 13, 2011 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Feb 19, 2011 | Xantrex Technology Heart Freedom 30...
Feb 15, 2011 | Electrical Supplies
Jan 25, 2010 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Apr 20, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
707 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!