Question about Audio Players & Recorders
My stereo works but it does not search for the channels on the radio the screen is on and it is stuck on one channel without any sound. Do i need a special aerial to tune it or is there something wrong with the radio itself I bought it as it is without an aerial Any help is appreciated thanks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: tuning in the tv
Most TV's auto search feature will try both the Cable and the Air
frequencies, but perhaps yours doesn't. Go to the menu page for
tuner setup and make sure it is set on Air (might be called broadcast)
and then run the channel search.
Cable channels and Broadcast channels (above channel 12) are not the same frequencies.
Hope Ya Fix It!
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
SOURCE: tuning DAB radio
Just bought the same unit but the instruction manual was double dutch. After messing around for a while I managed to do it like this. Whe the unit is set to DAB, Press the Sel+/TU+ or the Sel-/TU- button on the unit (not the remote) until the DAB station displays and then press the Select CH+ button again on the unit. Wait a few seconds while the word "tuning" is displayed and that station should now play. To save the station as a preset do this. When the station is playing use the remote and press the PRG/MEM button once. Then press the number for which preset you want that station to be. The station will be saved. EG to save Radio 1 as Preset station 1, play Radio 1, Press PRG/MEM, then press number 1. After that whenever you press number 1 on the remote Radio 1 will play. Do the same with any other station you wish to save. To save station 10 press the 0/10 button on the remote. To save station 11 press 10+ then 1, 12 is 10+ the 2 etc. Good luck Dopeyemma
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
I was having same problem, and think I got lucky and found fix.
Try unplugging the TV and waiting 30 seconds, then plug back in.
You will likely get blue screen with "No Signal".
Go to Menu, then scroll down to "Setup". Select "Factory Reset" then hit "Yes."
This did it for me. Wish you all luck.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2017 | Elan Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 26, 2016 | Proscan Televison & Video
May 01, 2016 | Huawei Cell Phones
Apr 18, 2014 | iSymphony LCD26iH56 26 in. TV
Jun 29, 2011 | Panasonic SC-HC30 Audio Shelf System
Jun 27, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 16, 2009 | Midland 1001Z 40-Channels Base CB Radio
Aug 18, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 18, 2008 | Denon AVR-1804 Receiver
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!