Question about HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Yes there is follow this instructions:
How to format your hard drive and re install your operating system.
in order for you to do this you have to (before you format)
1. make sure that you have your recovery cd's or a cd/DVD with your operating system (windows or Mac)
2. try to back up all your information to an external Hard drive or DVD's depends on how much usable information you may have.
3. try to hand pic your files to back up because if you do an auto back up you will end up with the same problem again.
-- to do a back up copy all your needed files to an empty folder and then burn them to DVD's or copy to an ext. HD.
4. after you do that (if you have your recovery cd's) insert #1 and restart your computer it will tell you to press any key to start from cd do that and follow directions.
5. when the program shows your partitions go ahead and delete them all, you need to end up with one
6. when you see just one partition go ahead and click continue and it will install your new operating system
7. if you have more than 1 cd it will ask you to insert the next one and so on.
8 after it finishes installing, get the cd out and run the setup process like if you've got a brand new computer, type the information and keep clicking next.
9. at one point you would be on the windows screen and that is it you have a brand new operating system.
Note: take in consideration that when you follow this process, you erase EVERYTHING from the system including files and programs so after you do this you are going to have to re-install all your programs and copy your docs. back to the pc.
**** If you don't have the discs
check under start-(all) programs - start up- recovery- disk creation. that (if you have it) will help you to create your recovery disks try to use 2 dvd's if posible if not you may have to get a windows cd to re- install and install drivers and apps.
so to do that you nay need an external DVD rom.
if you don't have one then go to start-(all)programs-accessories-system tools-system restore. after you access this function select the earliest restore point so your computer will go back to that date (this does not change your files) and it takes between 15 mins. to couple of hrs.
if it works for you don't forget to
Posted on May 26, 2010
If you got a disk with the pc or a D drive on it - with reinstall disk that came with it - YES it is easy to fix. If you format and reinstall or install windows with an upgrade etc.
Reinstalling the operating system on your mini is only as easy as access to the disk and the DVD or CDROM after that it is simple. If a reinstall what came on it - it is free and easy - if you have to buy a disk then that should be the only expense. Let me know if you need more help or a operating system such as XP.
Posted on May 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2011 | Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 for PC
Apr 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 14, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 30, 2010 | HP G60 Notebook
May 14, 2010 | HP Pavilion TX1320US Tablet PC
Nov 10, 2009 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Mar 14, 2009 | Gateway GT5056 PC Desktop
Jan 15, 2009 | HP Pavilion ze2000 Notebook
635 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: