Question about ASUS Eee PC 1005HAPU17BU Netbook
How to reformat asus netbook model Eee pc 1005/1001 series? Always hang up when i'm surfing at the internet...
How to format your hard drive and re install your operating system.
in order for you to do this you have to (before you format)
1. make sure that you have your recovery cd's or a cd/DVD with your operating system (windows or Mac)
2. try to back up all your information to an external Hard drive or DVD's depends on how much usable information you may have.
3. try to handpic your files to back up because if you do an auto back up you will end up with the same problem again.
-- to do a back up copy all your needed files to an empty folder and then burn them to DVD's or copy to an ext. HD.
4. after you do that (if you have your recovery cd's) insert #1 and restart your computer it will tell you to press any key to start from cd do that and follow directions.
5. when the program shows your partitions go ahead and delete them all, you need to end up with one
6. when you see just one partition go ahead and click continue and it will install your new operating system
7. if you have more than 1 cd it will ask you to insert the next one and so on.
8 after it finishes installing, get the cd out and run the setup process like if you've got a brand new computer, type the information and keep clicking next.
9. at one point you would be on the windows screen and that is it you have a brand new operating system.
Note: take in consideration that when you follow this process, you
erase EVERYTHING from the system including files and programs so after you do this you are going to have to re-install all your programs and copy your docs. back to the pc.
**** If you don't have the discs
check under start-(all) programs - start up- recovery- disk creation.
that (if you have it) will help you to create your recovery disks try to use 2 dvd's if posible if not you may have to get a windows cd to re- install and install drivers and apps.
if it works for you don't forget to rate me
Posted on May 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2013 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HAB Netbook - Intel Atom...
Oct 18, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HAB Netbook - Intel Atom...
Oct 13, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1008PKRPU17BR Notebook
Apr 18, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1000H Netbook
Feb 15, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1001P Netbook
Jan 24, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1000H Laptop
Sep 10, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 900 Notebook
Jun 04, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
Jan 13, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 900 Notebook
656 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: