a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Scan to PC is not set up on the device. For this to work you will need a piece of a software on the PC that will be waiting for scan requests, and a setting on the device to know where and how to find the PC with that software. Usually both are set up at the time of installation, when it is done with the Full Driver Package, usually provided on a CD/DVD, or you can look for it and download from hp dot com. Download the latest and the biggest one, then install it.
Hello. Try to run the installation cd in your computer again. If you haven't tried to uninstall the software from your computer, the cd should give you three options: Install a Printer, Repair/Update and Install Additional Softwares. Choose Repair/Update and just let it run and finish the installation. Also, make sure to allow all Lexmark and printer communications in your firewall. Try to scan wirelessly again. If problem needs further troubleshooting, I advise you to call Lexmark.
I had the same issue with Windows 7 64 bit.I managed to solve it by doing the following
1. Locate the scan2pc.exe program in C:\Windows\twain_32\Samsung\CLX3170
2. Right-click/properties - Compatibility tab.
3.Set compatibility to win xp. Set "Run as Administrator"
I also added the scan2pc.exe to the firewall allowed programs (did that for scanmgr.exe as well, but I don't think I needed to).
Works great now!
1. Go to Printers and Faxes
Right click on the printer u are using. Select Share this printer.
2. Set up a home or small office network with Internet connection connected, Printers on on both computers and identify both of them saperately.
For this you need to connect both computers with a cross cable.
3. after the home or small office setup is complete add a new printer from your Printer and Faxes menu. Search your printer automatically and choose it from the llist system provides and select the printer as default if needed.
4. Try taking a 'Test Printout' from the Concerned printer's properties page.
5. if this works, you have successfully installed the printer and are ready to take prints.
This seems like you haven't installed the toolbox correct, please send more info.
Have you printer connected by usb cable or in a network(scanning doesn't work on a wireless)?
If on a network, use web browser and through EWS on printer see for network tab and SNMP enable read/write, print public in the 4 fields choose apply. Download fix scan utility from HP web and install. Restart the pc and set up the scan in toolbox and try scan again.
first delte all the programs that u have installed about the print server and the printer.then connect the print server on ur laptop and run the installation .search for the wireless netwrk and connecting to it using the wpa key.After tats done connect the print server to the printer and run the printer installation ,,hope that shud resolve it,,best of luck