Question about Computers & Internet
First check if the wireless light on the laptop is amber even if you turn on the wireless light, then follow these steps
1. Go to device manager, Under network adaptor check for the wireless driver eg- Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver or Atheros Wireless LAN Driver, if present then right click and uninstall and choose uninstall then follow step 2, if not present then follow step 2.
2. Search for recovery manager under all programs, click advanced tab - select driver download and click next - choose the driver(ie - boradcom or atheros) - click install - restart the computer.
Then check the wireless light.
3. Do a bios update of the notebook.
from hp.com under support and driver
4. Download driver from hp.com on a different computer or from a ethernet connection if possible.
4. If still no go then Reseat the wirless card on your notebook.
Situated at the bottom pannel of notebook ,you will find a compartment with a image of tower with signals unscrew that compartment and the carefully remove the wireless card and put it back again and repete the step 2.
Posted on May 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 does not include native drivers for the Del True Mobile 1450 USB Wireless adapter and there will be no 1450 USB Wireless adapter drivers available from Dell that are compatible with the Windows Vista or Winds 7 Operating System.
There will be no support for the Dell True Mobile 1450 USB Wireless adapter in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
For 1450 USB Wireless adapter drivers for Windows XP 32bit Click Here.
Sep 15, 2012 | Dell 1450 (D1450U) Wireless Adapter
Jul 23, 2011 | Sony UWABR100 Network adapter USB ...
Feb 03, 2011 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Nov 15, 2009 | Intel 3945ABG (WM3945AGM1WB) 802.11a/g/b...
Dec 03, 2007 | Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2007 | Dell Latitude C640 Notebook
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!