Question about E-Machines eMachines Monitor E15T4

1 Answer

My monitor will constantly bring up options and the main menu... it it random and i'm not pressing anything, it's incredibly obnoxious...anyway i can fix this?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 732 Answers

Flynnc7, 5% chance it's software problem, 95% chance it's going to need internal ac to dc power supply "refurbishment" with new "electrolytic filter capacitors" to fix a "noisy" +5v and +12v dc supply rail. Do some reading here on fixya in the fixya profiles of any CCFL back-lit lcd monitor technicians and follow the links you find there. Some units can be DIY repaired for less than $6 in parts if you learn enough to DIY. Else trade-in for new if unit is acting same way when connected to "known-good" pc. 12fixlouie

Posted on May 26, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

MY SCREEN WENT DIM ANDI FOGET HOW TO BRIGHTEN IT


Laptop. Make sure it is plugged into the mains as the battery saver may have activated. On my HP Laptop, pressing the F3 function key brightens, F2 makes dimmer.

On computer monitors, you need the menu button which will be somewhere at the front of the monitor either on the face or just underneath out of site. Press menu to bring up the options, use another button to scroll to brightness, press another button to select, one of the button you just used to make brighter and then menu to save out.

Mar 29, 2017 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Why am I getting osd main controls locked flashing and then the same message saying unlocked and i am unable to clear it - posted in Monitors ... the attention osd locked is constantly flashing on and off...


Most of the monitors have a function to lock the OSD to prevent accidental changes in the configuration of the monitor.
If you are constantly getting the message about OSD being locked and unlocked then it means that the OSD locking button is constantly pressed.
Usually it is the "Menu" button on the monitor which is used to lock the OSD.
Check if the Menu button is constantly pressed.

Sep 11, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop

1 Answer

Hey I've got a problem where the volume down button randomly "presses itself" and constantly brings up that annoying volume menu. The button isn't "stuck" and it still clicks like all the others, but it...


Do a factory reset of the monitor
by pressing the menu button or auto select
the use the "-" / "+" button to select factory reset and select yes
you can also try this:
Press and hold the menu or autoselect button of the monitor for about 20secs without the VGA or DVI / HDMI cable connected to it from the tower
If the problem continues. Switch off the monitor and remove the power cable and connect it again
Hope it helps u
All the Best !!!

Mar 25, 2010 | HP w19e 19" Monitor

1 Answer

OSD Main Menu appears randomly and uncontrollably /flashing. Power Button does not always work. Need to keep clicking unti works.


hello..the problem is just sticky tack switch's so try to clean or re-align the frame/body of LCD..Thanks.Good Luck..^_^

May 08, 2009 | Dell E207WFP LCD Monitor

1 Answer

How do I adjust my monitor?


1)Press Menu button once to get the Main Screen Of Menu
2) Select the option which you need to modify (Ex. Brighness)
3) Now again press Menu button to get into that sub menu (Brightness)


Jun 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Monitor menu


Hi

Pls go to the monitor menu and reset the settings.
You might find an option Factory Reset or a similar option and once you choose that option, it will reset the monitor settings and tht should fix your problem.

Feb 25, 2008 | Compaq FP 7020 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Screen colors washed out


You can RESET the monitor setting externally by clicking adjustment menu button goto RESET press ok. If contrast and birghtness not set properly light will not be properly visible

Dec 10, 2007 | Samsung SyncMaster 940MW 19" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Menu randomly pops up while pushing no buttons....


It sounds like an issue with the power button board and I would certainly make use of the warranty option.

May 31, 2007 | Acer AL1916B 19" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Blank Screen


Can you see anything at on but dimly? If so thats is the backlight tube If you cannot see anything then it is a major fault eitherway a repair shop job I should think

May 30, 2007 | HP L1902 19" LCD Monitor

Not finding what you are looking for?
E-Machines eMachines Monitor E15T4 Logo

Related Topics:

116 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top E-Machines Computers & Internet Experts

Matthew Spark
Matthew Spark

Level 3 Expert

1066 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18394 Answers

Are you an E-Machines Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...