Question about Maytag 21.0 Cu. Ft. Top-Mount Refrigerator - Black
Freezer is building frost and ice maker unable to discharfe ice once formed
1. Remove all of the food from inside the freezer and place it into the ice chest. Use more than one ice chest, if necessary. Cover the food with ice from a 10 lb. bag of ice. Alternatively, place all of the food from your freezer into the refrigerator compartment, packed tightly together.
2. Place one or two 10 lb. bags of ice into one or two large bowls inside the refrigerator compartment to keep the food chilled. Keep the door to the refrigerator tightly closed and avoid opening it during the freezer defrosting process.
3. Unplug the unit and leave the freezer door open.
4. Let the freezer defrost overnight or for at least eight hours.
5. Use the towels to wipe up the melted ice.
6. Plug in a hair dryer and direct it to the interior of the freezer to melt any remaining ice from the walls and door. Be sure to direct it into the vents of the freezer, too.
7. Wipe up any water from ice melted with the hair dryer from inside and around the freezer.
8. Plug the freezer back into the outlet, and return food still solidly frozen to the freezer compartment from the ice chest or refrigerator. Use any thawed foods within a day or two or discard.
Posted on May 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2016 | Samsung Refrigerators
May 12, 2015 | Frost Refrigerators
Jul 23, 2012 | GE GSH25JFT
Jul 27, 2011 | Amana ABB2224DEW / ABB2224DEQ / ABB2224DEB...
Oct 29, 2017 | Whirlpool GR9FHMXP Top Freezer...
Aug 26, 2009 | Kenmore Freezers
May 20, 2009 | Kenmore 76283 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Mar 26, 2009 | Refrigerators
Feb 24, 2009 | Kenmore 54563 Stainless Steel Side by Side...
Jul 10, 2008 | Kenmore 55692 / 55694 Side by Side...
433 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: