Question about Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Whilst burning to a blank DVD the burn process locked. I eventually cancelled and now the DVD player won't even recognise a dvd when I put one in to watch (doesn't appear in my computer and when I double click on the E drive icon it ejects the disk). CD's work OK though. I have a Pioneer dvd-rw DVR-K17RS device on an Acer 5610 running windows vista.
As per your problem description, it indicates that the drive has gone bad as it works fine with CDs. However, to confirm the same, I recommend you to perform the following steps:
* Remove the registry entry
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
* Replace the existing CD/DVD drive driver:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.
3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager in the left pane. If a dialog box appears that describes permissions, click Continue.
4. Click the drive with the question mark next to it.
5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
If the above steps doesn't resolve the issue, then it confirms that the drive has gone bad and needs to be replaced.
Posted on May 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 27, 2009 | Compaq Presario SR1000T (568657) PC...
Mar 17, 2009 | Samsung (SH-S162L/BEBN) DVD RW Burner
Mar 09, 2009 | Sony CRX320EE CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Aug 31, 2008 | Samsung SH-S182 DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: