Question about HP Pavillion ZV6000 Athlon 64 3500+ 15.4in WideScreen w/ 512MB/80GB/DVDRW/Flash Slot (PCLHCA6435512WWD) PC Notebook
To resolve the issue, Please perform the following steps:
Step 1: BIOS Reset
To reset the BIOS defaults, follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer and press F2 (F10 in some Notebooks) as soon as the HP logo appears.
2. Go to Exit menu and select Load BIOS defaults or press F9.
3. Go to Exit menu and select Save changes and Exit or press F10.
This will reset the BIOS defaults. Now, when the Notebook restarts, press F8 repeatedly until the start up menu appears. Select the Safe Mode and press Enter Key to enter in Safe Mode and then perform the step 2.
Step 2 : Disable the "Automatically Restart" under System Failure:
1. Click Start, right-click the My Computer icon, then Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab, then Settings in the Startup & Recovery section.
3. Remove the check mark next to Automatically Restart under System Failure.
4. Click OK to close the Startup and Recovery window, then click OK to close the System Properties window.
5. Restart the computer.
Step3: Reinstall Power management
To reinstall Power Management in Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, select Control Panel, and then choose Performance and Maintenance.
2. Click the System icon to open the System properties window.
3. Select the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
4. Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
5. Right-click the ACPI Fixed Features button and select Uninstall.
6. Restart the system.
On restarting the system, Windows will automatically detect and install Power Management on the computer.
Posted on May 26, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Oct 31, 2015 | Irons
Nov 09, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Jul 25, 2010 | Foxconn 661FX7MI-RS (661FX7MIS)...
Oct 06, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 14, 2007 | Polaroid PDV-1002A Portable DVD Player
Mar 24, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: