My recording studio is stuck on the project load screen
Your VS-2000 is showing symptoms of fragmentation--resulting in the unit
freezing or failing to completely load. The only possible solution is
formatting the hard drive. Formatting erases all data on the drive.
Note: If you have any files that you need to keep, you may contact our
Roland Customer Support department (323-890-3740) to arrange a "Data
Recovery" service. Our service technicians can attempt to recover any
data that is in your hard drive. Customer Support is available M-F
8:30am-5:00pm Pacific time.
CAUTION!!! Formatting the hard
drive erases ALL recordings and data on the drive. This includes any
installed plug-ins as well. Be sure to back up all of your project data
(recordings) and plug-ins to CD/DVD(s) before formatting the drive.
Unlocking the System:
1. With the VS-2000 powered off, press and hold the TRACK/STATUS button for track 4 and the FX 2 button.
2. With both buttons pressed, turn on the VS-2000's power. Continue
holding the two buttons until the display has loaded completely. This
can take several minutes.
3. Once the system has loaded completely, release the buttons.
Formatting the Hard Drive:
Note: The format steps below pertain to using the VS-2400's on-board
LCD screen. If you're using an external VGA (video monitor), press and
hold HOME and press F6 to switch to the on-board LCD.
1. Press SHIFT AND F1/PROJECT.
2. Use the CURSOR buttons to Select "IDE:0".
3. Press PAGE until "FmtDrv" is displayed above F2.
4. Press F2.
5. CURSOR to "Physical Format".
6. Turn the TIME/VALUE dial until "ON" is selected.
7. CURSOR to "Surface Scan".
8. Turn the TIME/VALUE dial until "On" is selected.
9. Press F5 (OK).
10. Press ENTER/YES twice.
Oct 13, 2011 |
Roland Vs-2000CD Digital Studio...