Question about GPS
Are the point of interest files loaded and can you find any points of interest in the gps?
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
The Points of Interest (POI) database consists of two files:
An OV2 file, which contains the POI's information A BMP logo of the POI (optional)
Step 1: Download and unzip the POI file.
1. Download the POI zip file. Save the file on your computer by selecting “save” when prompted. Save the file in a place where you can easily find it again for step 3 of the installation (e.g. on your Desktop or in My Documents)
2. Unzip the POI file by right-clicking the file and selecting Extract All..
Step 2. Connect your TomTom to your PC
Connect your TomTom to your PC using the USB data cable or dock. When prompted iChurches are not loaded as - connectconfirm-navcore7.jpgthe computer, tap on YES.
Step 3. Copy the POI files from your PC
1. Go to the directory on the local hard drive of your PC where you extractedChurches are not loaded as - copy.jpges in Step 1.
2. Highlight these files then right-click them and choose Copy.
Step 4. Copy the POI files to your TomTom
1. Go to .
2. Double-click your TomTom unChurches are not loaded as - na.jpg>Devices with Removable Storage .
Churches are not loaded as - paste.jpg Then go to the map directory, for example the folder .
4. Righ-click and Paste the POI files into this folder.
5. Right-click your TomTom device and choose Eject before removing it from the USB cable or dock.
You can now use the new POI on your TomTom device via Navigate to... > Point of Interest.
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
can u explain it brif so i can expalin u & give u a rigt solution of ur problem
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Feb 09, 2015 | Eastman Outdoors 38094 Turkey Fryer
Jan 11, 2014 | Samsung Tablets & eReaders
Dec 30, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 16, 2013 | Washing Machines
Nov 05, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Apr 09, 2008 | Garmin GPS
Dec 28, 2007 | Tomtom GO 300 GPS Receiver
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: