Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
SOURCE: HP Photosmart 8250 Ink System
Ink system failures is a very serious problem on HP printer systems. If you have this problem you should be ready to replace your printer. However there are still troubleshooting steps that you can do to try to resolve this problem. try this Ink System Failure Trouble shooting guide.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Follow this link to see the story of how one user fixed this problem...
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2014 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 10, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 06, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 28, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Nov 27, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Apr 09, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Jun 17, 2008 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: