Question about Acer Aspire 5315-2713 Notebook
This is from a factory repair and maintenance manual for Acer Aspire Laptops. It may work for you.
Forgotten Hard Disk Password
When the user keys in the wrong password three times, an error message appears. The user must now reset
1. Make a note of the error code that is displayed with the error message.
2. Run unlock6.exe from the DOS prompt in the following format:
unlock6 XXXXX 00
(XXXXX = HDD password error code, 00 = CRC base - default is 00)
3. Select Upper case ACSII Code from the screen that appears. The HDD master password is displayed.
Make a note of this password.
4. Reset your system. When the Enter Primary Master HDD User Password prompt appears, enter the
password you made a note of in step 3.
Resetting a BIOS Password
The user can reset a BIOS password using the clnpwd.exe utiility.
1. Copy clnpwd.exe to a DOS boot up disk (or flash drive).
2. Boot your system in DOS mode.
3. Execute clnpwd.exe from the boot up disk (or flash drive).
4. Press 1 or 2 to reset the required password as shown on screen.
5. A confirmation message appears when the process is successful.
Posted on May 24, 2010
If you need professional help, visit this site:
Posted on Jun 21, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
May 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Apr 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315-2940 Notebook
Oct 03, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jun 26, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Mar 21, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
4,551 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: