Question about Lexmark X3550 All-In-One Printer
I hace a x3550 lexmark and cant seem to find refill instructions for them. Please help
Lexmark has an interesting development with their inkjet cartridges which they began some years ago with toner cartridges. A court decision required Lexmark to allow their cartridges to be refilled. However, Lexmark would naturally prefer that you only buy from Lexmark. Thus, Lexmark has developed the following system:
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
1. Peel the label off of the top of the cartridge.
2. See the squiggly lines leading to small holes.
3. Drill the holes larger using a 1/16th inch drill.
4. Hold the cartridge so the contacts are away from you. NEVER touch the contacts with your fingers.
5. The top hole is Magenta (red). You can insert a syringe needle into the hole and test the color if you are doubtful. Left is Yellow and Right is Cyan (blue).
6. Fill a syringe with the appropriate color and insert it into the cartridge until it is at the bottom. Lift the syringe back out until it is halfway between the bottom and the top. SLOWLY inject the ink (about 6 to 8 ml) into the cartridge, too fast and you will trap air inside. Watch the hole and when the ink starts to come out remove about 1/2 ml of ink.
7. Clean your syringe and repeat this process with the other colors.
8. Verify ink flow by pressing the ink head against a wet paper towel. You should see three solid lines of color.
9. Replace the label and install the cartridge into your printer.
10. Print a test page and run a cleaning cycle if print results are unsatisfactory.
Posted on Sep 07, 2008
Ok i have the solution to this, it's taken a while to sort out but it works.
The printer only "remembers" the current cartridge, so even if you refil this cartridge it will not register as full and you will still get those annoying messages.
Doing a uninstall and re install also does NOT rectify the problem...... it is still remembering that cartridge.
The only way around the problem is to have a spare cartridge for each of the black and colour. When you see the ink low warning, simply take the cartridge out of the printer and replace with the spare re filled one, obviously don't throw the one you have taken out away.
Once you have installed your spare, do a print allignment page and you will find everything back to normal.
Only once so far has the software tried to tell me that the replaced cartridge was low when it was in fact full, however it kept on printing for weeks still showing low on the screen......... Lexmark don't you just love emmm....... NOT !
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
You can not as far as I am aware fill these cartridges and get them to work, the printer will see them as empty and cancel the print. I have tried many solutions and still unable to trick the printer into thinking they are a new refilled cartridge. I have tried all the tricks mentioned in other forums such as taping over certain contacts on the cartridge but this does not work also.
If anyone has the answer please let us know so I can put this one to rest.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
UNDER LABELS YOU WILL FIND A TRAIL LEADING TO INK FILL PORTS. BLACK OBVIOUSLY ONLY HAS 1, BUT COLOR THE TOP ISRED LEFT IS YELLOW AND RIGHT IS BLUE.
Posted on Apr 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2011 | Lexmark X3550 ALL-IN-ONE InkJet Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | Lexmark All-in-One Printer with PictBridge
Oct 22, 2009 | Lexmark X3550 All-In-One Printer
Oct 02, 2009 | Lexmark X3550 All-In-One Printer
Sep 17, 2009 | Lexmark X3550 ALL-IN-ONE InkJet Printer
Apr 01, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 12, 2009 | Lexmark X3550 All-In-One Printer
May 05, 2008 | Lexmark X3550 All-In-One Printer
9,393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!