Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Found this on one of the other forums :-
1) The Chips that are built into the cartridges DO NOT sense the ink level they just count the number of printouts and either light when they THINK the ink level is low or flash when they THINK the ink level has run out. Refilling the cartridges does not affect this.
2) if only one cartridge light is flashing either black or the color, printing from both colors is possible.
3) if BOTH lights are flashing which would imply the error light is flashing also, (error E5) then game over the printer locks and printing or scanning is not possible
4) The solution is simply to replace EITHER the black or EITHER the color cartridge to continue printing. The new genuine Canon cartridge which contains the 'full' chip will allow printing.
5) obviously replacing the black cartridge is the most effective method and simply refill the color cartridge when necessary which everybody as already probably done.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
May 19, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP210 InkJet Printer
May 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 08, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
Apr 07, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 20, 2010 | Epson Printer
Apr 25, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
362 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: