Question about Dryers
Hotpoint tumble dryer not turning? How to replace a Hotpoint tumble dryer belt.
This video will show you how to replace a tumble dryer belt in your appliance
Please remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel for all appliance tutorials
a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question. 9 rib stretch tumble dryer drive belt Contitech 144001958 9PHE 1860 How...
Posted on Feb 04, 2014
PLACE THE BELT AROUND THE DRUM AND MOTOR PULLEY FIRST, THEN PULL THE IDLER DOWN AND LOOP THE BELT( ONE SIDE ONLY) OVER THE IDLER WHEEL.
Posted on Apr 08, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2013 | Hotpoint TVF770 Tumble Dryer
Jan 17, 2013 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
1. Unplug the electrical cord of the Hotpoint tumble dryer from the electrical outlet before attempting to replace the belt.
2. Pull the door open on the dryer and locate the screws on the underside of the top cover. Unfastening the screws with a screwdriver.
3. Flip the top cover back so that it rests on the rear hinges, and find the screws on the top of the front panel on the inside of the dryer cabinet.
4. Undo the screws on the top of the front panel with a screwdriver, and tilt the panel away from the dryer cabinet. Unplug the door switch connector from the metal prongs on the back of the front panel.
5. Lift the front panel up and remove it from the dryer cabinet. Set it out of the way. Locate the idler arm and motor on the bottom of the cabinet.
6. Move the idler arm forward to relieve the tension on the belt, and take the belt off the idler arm and motor pulley as well as from around the drum.
7. Place the new belt around the drum, looping it over the idler arm pulley and around the motor pulley. Move the idler arm back into place to add tension to the belt.
8. Verify that the belt is lined up correctly with no twists in it, and put the front panel back on the dryer cabinet. Plug the door switch connector into the metal prong on the back of the panel by hand.
9. Secure the front panel with the screws at the top, and flip the top cover down over the cabinet. Secure the top with the screws on the underside of the front lip.
Feb 23, 2011 | Dryers
Mar 23, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Jan 16, 2010 | Hotpoint NLLR113EV Dryer
Nov 27, 2009 | Hotpoint TDC32 Electric Dryer
Jan 01, 2009 | Hotpoint TDL14 Electric Dryer
Dec 02, 2008 | Amana ALG443RAW Gas Dryer
Dec 06, 2007 | Dryers
Sep 16, 2007 | Hotpoint TDL14 Electric Dryer
349 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!