My printer copies all colored type fine, but all bl/wh print shows only part of each line and it is not ledgable. I did replace the bl. Cartridge. I beleive the printer is not programed correctly, my computer is programmed with Window XP and the printer with Window 2000, I need to update.
Thank you Pierre
Your printer actually does not run windows (just for your information).
Anyway, I suggest you try installing the driver which is located here.
If the problem persists, try printing an alignment page. The printer
may also have an option for cleaning print heads which you can also try.
If non of the above solutions solve your problem, you may have a defective black cartridge.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What is the black cartridge version that you are using on your Lexmark X125 printer? If you are inserting a photo cartridge on your printer, please follow these steps:
1. Remove the black cartridge and insert the photo cartridge. The printer LCD screen will display CARTRIDGE? NONE CHANGED. 2. Press the Options button to select NEW RIGHT and then press Start. The printer LCD screen will now display RIGHT CARTRIDGE?3. Use the Options button to select the STD PHOTO cartridge type and click Start. An Alignment page will then print. When the Alignment page is fully printed, the LCD screen will display CARTRIDGE ALIGN. 15 [00-30] A , where- 15 represents the straightest line on the page; - [00-30] is the value range you can select from, between 00 and 30 - A represents the line in each section. 4. Use the numbers on the keypad to select the number of the line you think is the straightest. As you press the number, the LCD will change to the next line automatically. Select the number representing the straightest line in each section. Source: How to Install the Photo Cartridge in Standalone Mode
Hello. If everything else is working, printing and copying, unplug the printer from the power source. Check the telephone line from your phone company by unplugging the fax machine from the wall jack where it is connected to. Plug a telephone device straight to that wall jack and check for a dial tone. If there's no dial tone, contact your phone company. If there is, plug the fax machine back to that wall jack. You can also try replacing the telephone cable with a another known working cable. Plug the printer back to the power source. Check again. Hope this helps.
You will need to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Click on "Start" and "All Programs." 2. Go to the "Lexmark X125 Series." 3. Click on "Lexmark Uninstall." 4. Click on "Next." 5. Click on "Finish." 6. Click on "Restart Windows."
You may copy and paste the web address below to access the Lexmark X125 XP driver:
Please use the following steps to download the Lexmark X125 XP driver to your desktop:
1. Select "Window XP" in the drop down list and click on "Download Now."
2. On the "File Download" screen, choose "Save."
3. The next screen will be titled "Save As." Choose to "Save in Desktop" and click "OK."
4. You should see files being transferred.
****Note**** If your browser uses a different file downloading format than specified above, you will need to resort to your browsers help files for downloading instructions. The object of steps 1 - 4 is to download the driver to your desktop. This way it is easily accessible.
5. Once the files have completed downloading, double click on the icon with your file name.
6. On the "Win Zip Self-Extractor" screen click "OK."
7. To unzip the downloaded file choose "Unzip."
8. A screen will then display the number of files unzipped successfully, click "OK."
9. Please follow the on screen instructions to complete installation of your Lexmark printer.
Sorry but you cannot use the vista driver of Lexmark x1250 to work with Lexmark X125 since they are not the same type of printer and you're correct that this Lexmark X125 don't have any vista driver because Lexmark didn't make any vista driver for some of there ol printer like Lexmark X125...
This is very unusal with All-in-one printers. Have you try Hard reset till? Keeping the power on button press for 10 sec till it get on..
Also is the error showing on display screen of printer or at PC? Which Os is running on your PC.
Please also try this --> Power off the printer then computer, Unplug the printer from PC and then main power board--> then restart PC --> after then shut down PC and then again attach printer to PC and power on.
Let me know about the printer spooling if showing any error in Printer setting window.
As you do not have the disk with you, rather than finding the disk you can get all the software, drivers. manuals( user guide ) on the website. It is available free for you to download. I have mentioned the link below http://support.lexmark.com/static/229-1-0-346.html
Hope you find all the info you are looking for on this link. Will wait for the ratings.