Question about Computers & Internet
PC does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem,
chech that the video card is fully in the slot if you have one
· remove the ram and clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser,
· and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one, try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends pc, if that's possible,
· or take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram is ok, it is most likely, that the motherboard has failed .
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the PC from posting.
good luck with that please rate my efforts.
Posted on Apr 06, 2008
Trying disconnecting your floppy drive.
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2014 | Dell Inspiron One 2020 All-in-One Desktop
on Feb 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 26, 2013 | IBM ThinkPad Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 05, 2011 | EliteGroup Via P4M266A (P4VMM2 V7.3)...
Nov 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2009 | Gigabyte GA-7VKML Motherboard
Sep 01, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jan 25, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite X200-AA3 Notebook
Dec 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
698 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!