Question about Computers & Internet
PC does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem,
chech that the video card is fully in the slot if you have one
· remove the ram and clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser,
· and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one, try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends pc, if that's possible,
· or take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram is ok, it is most likely, that the motherboard has failed .
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the PC from posting.
good luck with that please rate my efforts.
Posted on Apr 06, 2008
Trying disconnecting your floppy drive.
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2014 | Dell Inspiron One 2020 All-in-One Desktop
on Feb 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2011 | Compaq AlphaStation XP1000 PC Desktop
Oct 18, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer...
Jan 05, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 08, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
696 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!