Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 16, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 08, 2011 | MSI 1990 - 1996 for PlayStation 3
Feb 08, 2011 | EA - Electronic Arts Need For Speed:...
Feb 05, 2011 | Capcom Resident Evil 5 for PlayStation 3
STEP 1: Verify the firmware version of your Brother machine:
a. Press the OK key 2 times.
b. Press the UP ARROW (+) key 5 times.
c. Press the OK key 2 times.
The firmware version will be displayed on the LCD.
- If the firmware version is 1.01 or 1.02, go to STEP 2: Update the firmware of your Brother machine.
- If the firmware version is 1.08 or above, go to STEP 4: Toner usage and yields.
STEP 2: Update the firmware of your Brother machine:
A firmware update tool is available that will allow you to update your Brother machine with the most recent version firmware by downloading updates over the Internet. The updated firmware will assist in optimizing toner usage.
The Brother printer driver must be installed and working properly prior to the update of the Brother machine. The firmware update tool also requires that you have Java installed on your computer. The firmware update tool will not work if Java is not installed. If you do not have Java installed or are not sure if it is installed on your computer, you may download Java from http://www.java.com.
To update the firmware, follow the instructions listed below:
DO NOT interrupt the process or turn off the machine once the update has begun. Doing so may corrupt the memory on the machine and may require the machine to be serviced in order to correct the issue.
1. Open an Internet web browser and go to http://welcome.solutions.brother.com
2. Select your country and language.
3. Type in the model of your machine or select it from the appropriate section (Ex: HL3070CW in the Color Printer section).
4. Select Downloads.
5. Select your OS and language for step 1 and 2 on the web site. Click the Search button.
6. The Firmware Update Tool will be listed at the bottom of the web page. Click Information & Download.
7. Click the Download button and I Accept if you accept the license agreement.
8. A dialog box appears with options for Run, Save, or Cancel. Select Run. You may also download the firmware update tool for later use by selecting Save.
Nov 01, 2010 | Brother MFC-685cw InkJet Printer
Apr 22, 2010 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
Nov 11, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 30, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 3 40GB System
Jan 10, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!