An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: laptop keyboard settings
Is that all??your 'k' turns to '2' coz ur 'numlock' has enabled..to disabled that thing just steadily press the 'fn' icon on ur keyboard between 'ctrl' and 'windows key' and press the key that has the 'num lk' icon that were inside a box..if im not mistaken that thing is in the 'end' key..as simple as that..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is the Keyboard or Word Processing program. Not a Battery. Try to use a USB Wireless Mouse/Keyboard set via the USB ports to see if you still get same condition occurring. If this solves the problem, you know the Keyborad is defective.
You may try to attach a USB Wireless Mouse and Keyboard set and bypass the system you are currently using. If it is a Keyboard only problem, try a USB independent keyboard and again bypass the computers unit to see if the problem still exisists.
1. Check whether USB/Chip set driver installed properly or not.
2. Check if a USB mouse or Keyboard working other then flash memory or printer. If working then your USB port is disabled in windows registry.
3. To enter the registry, got to Run, type regedit, Enter.
4. In the registry follow the path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor
5. Check the value of the key START.
6. If the value is 0x00000003 (3) then OK. if the vale is 0x00000004 (4), then change it to 3.
7. for changing double click in Start key, a window will pop up. change the value from 4 to 3 then press enter.
8. Close the registry. And check the printer and Flash drive is working or Not.
Note: be careful while working with registry.
Sounds like the laptop keyboard went bad and thats why its typing wrong characters. Best way to verify this is to use a USB keyboard on the laptop, if the USB keyboard is typing the correct keys then you know the laptop keyboard is bad. If the USB keyboard is typing the wrong keys as well then you know its a setting in windows that is causing the keys to type wrong characters.
Yes, you can establish your serial port in BIOS With the use of USB ports on computers the serial and com ports are not set up many times. Upon start up and before the windows login screen will see which key to hit to get into BIOS. It is usually an F# key. Once inside BIOS look for ports and toggle until the serial port is showing up. That will establish your serial port.
Don't forget to rate this solution before logging off.
The Numeral Lock mode is turned on by pressing the key named "NUM LOCK" which is usually located on the top of the number keypad (on far right side of keyboard).
However, laptop keyboards are different. Most laptops do not have a separate numeral keypad set. Those laptops usually use a blue (or other color-coded) "Fn" key, on the bottom left. You must press that Fn key at the same time as the "Num Lock" key of same colr. Then a light comes on to indicate the mode change, and some alpha-numeric keys on the keyboard now become your numeral keypad. On mine, it is 789, UIO (456), JKL (123) and M (which is zero).
If this is too confusing, you can plug in a cheap full size desktop keyboard, using the USB or PS2 port on your laptop. That is what I prefer, because the funky integrated dual-key deal interferes with all the touch-typing I learned 37 years ago.
It may be easier to do so, and you won't lose any saved work on installed programmes and updates installed since you inserted the keyboard.
You could try re installing the keyboard and touch pad drivers and if no change carry out the above.