A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there are 2 ways to attempt it. 1/ you need the diagram of your mother board as it involves changing a jumper setting on the board to clear the pass. 2/there is a small round battery inside ( could be under a cover under the laptop ) unplug that battery for a while to clear the cmos. hope this helps
I have a interesting tip to increase your
Laptop's battery life. There is no matter, laptop manufactures gives
the guarantee about the battery that how long it works. The battery of
laptop always stops working very early at some stage in essential
research, just like when you are watching a DVD movie.
Follow the few steps to increase the laptop battery's life :
1. Lower the
backlighting on your screen.
The screen of your Laptop
takes up significant amount of power and you
do not require its maximum brightness. You should have to check your
system and decrease the screen brightness it to a comfortable point.
2. Stop your wireless
signal when you are not using.
After turning off your
Laptop can save max. 20 minutes of your laptop's
battery time because WiFi can use a considerable quantity of power. By
right clicking you can stop your WiFi signal when you are not using.
3. Manage the
power scheme in XP Windows XP
number of predetermined power plans, which control settings like how
rapidly your laptop turns off and when your screen saver boots in. You
can change your laptop power scheme by choosing Control Panel >
Options. For max. Battery life from the "Power scheme" chooses the
option "Max. Battery" and decline the list. There are good choices for
you just like "Low Power Mode" and Portable /Laptop. They don't
as much power as Max Battery. After selecting a power scheme you click
Ok button to finish the process.
plz rate and vote for me if you find it helpful...
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power. The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits. IBM batteries on sale : IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52 ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24 ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27 IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery£ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please. * Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music. * When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery. * Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA. * Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you. * Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage. * Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall. In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life. battery info via: http://www.sales-battery.com http://www.global-battery.co.uk
Have you updated a Graphic driver? Does it Dim on battery and AC? Look at power settings. Control Panel, Power. You could Rool-Back the graphic driver to see if that changes the problem. A Gateway mt6841 has Windows XP OS, right?
If you are seeing a lock symbol then somebody has set the supervisor password. If you can't guess it (try "password", "admin", "pass", etc) then you need to find the person that set the supervisor password.
Once the supervisor password is set the T60 is very well protected and it can't be reset by removing the laptop battery or CMOS battery.
There is a way to read the password from the protection chip but this is very complicated and requires taking the laptop apart and building your own chip reader.
Hi. I would suggest that you powerdrain your computer and try to turn it on again after powerdraining your laptop. To powerdrain your laptop you must remove the battery and unplug the ac adapter from your laptop and press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then place back the battery and plugin the ac adapter and try to turn on your computer. If this doesnt fix the issue, you might consider reformatting your laptop or restore it using the recovery cd. Hope this helps
The screen will automatically dim slightly when it is on battery power, this is to conserve battery power. For maximum brightness connect the power adapter into the laptop.
On the Thinkpad laptops you can adjust the brightness by pressing and holding down the blue Fn key plus the Home key to brighten or the End key to dim the screen.
I have the same problem with my IBM T60. Screen is very dark, and I have to move it up and down to try to get it to flicker on. Right now, I have another monitor plugged in.
The laptop is about 4 years old and has been used daily.
check this out. it worked for me and i had the same problem as yours on my T60. http://www.masnick.com/2007/09/07/the-secret-thinkpad-powerbutton-code-to-bring-dead-laptops-back-to-life/comment-page-1/#comment-40720
i need to know what do u want to know about the battery and as far as the screen darkening go into bios and go to power options and ensure that it is set to max performance the screen will be bright if it is set to user settings it will be darker