Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

1 Answer

PSP My PSP was in the same bag with a Sprite bottle that leaked. Now it is not powering up. I have dried the battery compartment which had very little drops in it. What should I do?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Genius:

    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,447 Answers

Try using an adapter to connect PSP directly to power surge. Let it charge for awhile and try turning it back on

Update me afterwards on what will happen.

Posted on Apr 05, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

My battery pack had puffed up


Well I'm guessing that the battery is leaking or has leaked on you then do you will have to call the Sony video game repair center then.

Oct 18, 2012 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

1 Answer

My psp will nt charge or turn on it has been in myy locker for a while now when i plug it into my ps3 it will not charge


Try keeping your psp battery in a dry place for a day,then try charging.If this doesn't work..
Try the following:
a) Try charging using a usb cable...
c)Also try cleaning the usb port and power port or the place were u connect the charger to psp...
b) Remove ur psp battery and plug in the charger and turn on the psp... When it turns on put the battery back in (do not turn off the switch or psp when u put the battery back in)...

Mar 15, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

1 Answer

I plug my psp to charge but it wont and wont turn on


This type of problem is often associated with the battery or battery terminals. The problem can be one of two things.
Firstly, you may want to consider for how long this psp has been in use. If it has been in use for quite a long time, the battery could have exceeded its lifespan and has become completely weak that it cannot even retain charge or even charge in order to power up the device for some time before going flat again. This is really not likely to be the cause in respect with the symptoms provided by you.
Secondly and most likely, the psp might be having a battery terminal problem. The battery terminals are the golden points that the battery comes in contact with on the inside surface of the battery compartment at the back of the game. One of these points or terminals may be making a partial contact or may have broken inside the panel. As a result, it cannot even detect the power coming from the battery to power the device. In the same way, it cannot deliver the power back to the battery whilst it is been charged.
This is most likely the reason because if the battery is only dead, the lights indicator would still come on when you plug it to charge.
The only few things you can do at home is to try and clean the surface of the battery that comes in contact with the terminal. The same way, you are to clean the terminals with soft cloth and little methylated spirit. Do not use methylated spirit on the battery.
If that doesn't work, you have to see a repairer as it is an internal problem.
Hope this helped? Please comment for more information

Feb 01, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

2 Answers

How to fix psp water damage?


I just have found those advices for you . they are for cell phones but they must work with your PSP.

1:Remove the battery immediately. This reduces the risk of a short circuit. Place the battery in a windowsill inside or outside. Do not put it near a heat source.

2:
Dry your phone with an absorbent cloth.

3:
Remove all the screws from your phone.

4:
Carefully pry your faceplate off your phone with the flat edge and remove the rubber number pad.

5:
Dry the inside of your phone with a cotton swab to be sure you get all the liquid from the crevices.

6:
Dry your phone with a blow dryer on medium at a distance of 3-5 inches for approximately ninety minutes.

7:
Shake your phone just to be sure there is no water remaining.

8:
Replace rubber number pad and faceplate on your phone.

9:
Replace all screws.

10:
Replace the battery in your phone. If possible, you may want to buy a new a battery to ensure against acid leakage.

or try this advice :

This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and digital cameras etc .

it sounds crazy .

Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY
.

Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.

Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.

It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).

beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.


This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
related link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY

rate if useful please !


Jan 31, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

2 Answers

Spil a glass of water on my psp


If you've spilled water on your PSP, there generally isn't much you can do if it stops working. Here's what I can suggest:

Take out everything you can, like memory card, game, battery, etc, and leave it all out to dry. After you're positive everything is dry, pop them back in and see if they're working. If they are, congrats, you saved your PSP. If not, then unfortunately you're in a bit of trouble as water damage is irreversible.

Good luck :)

Dec 31, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

1 Answer

My psp wont load and even if I put a new game it still wont load. can you help me fix it


Try cleaning the laser lense inside the UMD compartment with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Make sure to allow a few minutes for drying before you put the battery back in it. Good luck!

Nov 07, 2009 | Sony PSP (Piano Black)

2 Answers

Psp laser not working


Its a board problem have it checked.

Dec 13, 2007 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

2 Answers

PSP Won't start with battery


remove the battery plug the power adapter . hold the power botton nd right R. u ll be in a secret menu go to advanced---> format flash 1 nd reset setting
Jhinawi

Nov 01, 2007 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

10 Answers

Power problems


Hi Gohan102,

 

Open the battery compartment, and remove the battery.  Look at the bottom inside corner for a little square sticker with has marks on it. is it dark or light,  If it is dark, your PSP has come in contact with moisture. I suspect that your PSP has gotten wet or damp.  If the sticker is dark, you need to keep your battery out for about 2 days, and keep the UMD door open and the whole PSP kept in a dry environment.  Try it after 2 days of drying to see if it is recovered. Good luck Gohan....

Oct 17, 2007 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console Logo

Related Topics:

35 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Video Game Consoles Experts

Iron
Iron

Level 3 Expert

3018 Answers

Troy Gorman
Troy Gorman

Level 3 Expert

508 Answers

Marc
Marc

Level 2 Expert

68 Answers

Are you a Sony Video Game Console Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...