a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your default IP Address username and password are given below Default IP Address: 192.168.1.1 Default Admin Username: admin Default Admin Password: admin If you are having further doubts regarding the Router please visit the following link (http://www.speedguide.net/routers/encore-enhwi-g2-80211g-wireless-router-54-mbps-618 ).Hope you are satisfied with my solution.Your valuable feedback would be appreciated.Thanks for choosing Fixya.
Are you entering the passcode for wireless connection? There is a configuration page you can open with your browser for most of the routers and with a specific ip address as the URL. You will have to specify an ip address for your computer at the same subnet. If the manual says the default ip address of the router is 192.168.0.1, then you can specify the ip address of your computer to 192.168.0.2 or something alike. Then you can open the configuration page, use the default administrator password specified on the manual to login. Then open the wireless configuration page and specify network ID and security features. If you choose WEP or WPA, you can specify a passcode or a passphrase for each device trying to connect to the router wirelessly.
1.Enter IP address http://192.168.1.1 (the factory-default IP address setting) to the URL web address location. 2. When the following dialog box appears, enter the user name and password to login to the main configuration window, the default username and password is “admin”. 3.Setup wizard is provided as part of the web configuration utility. User can simply follow the step-by-step process to get the wireless Router configuration ready to run in 6 easy steps by clicking on` the “Wizard” button on the function menu. The following screen will appear. Please click “Next” to continue. 4.Set Wireless LAN connection Click “Enable” to enable Wireless LAN. If user enables the Wireless LAN, type the SSID in the text box and select a communications channel. The SSID and channel must be the same as wireless devices attempting to connect to the WLAN Router. (When in FCC domain, you could chose ch1~ch11; in ETSI domain, you could chose ch1~ch13) 4. Click on Security. 5.Security This function enables user to set authentication type for secure wireless communications. Open System allows public access to the router via wireless communications. Shared Key requires the user to set a WEP key to exchange data with other wireless clients that have the same WEP key. This router also supports WPA, WPA2 and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK. 6.Set the Security key and save the settings. 7. The Wireless is secured now.
You can find more information in the User Guide. Here is the link: refer page #26,27,33 to get all the info.
a user manual is here
Power everything off
connect the modem to the WAN port on the router -
switch on the modem - allow lights to settle
switch on the router - allow lights to settle
you can loginto the router and setup according to your ISP instructions
you should be able to log onto the ISP website and see what settings are required
Often the default settings in a router and connected to a modem will work
You have to start from the beginning and my solution would be:
1) Remove any connections(also don't forget to turn of wifi on your laptop) to router and except the power cord. With the unit powered ON locate the reset pinhole on the back of router.
2) Press and hold reset button for at least 15 secs. then release, wait for 20-30 secs. before the router can completely rebooted.
3) Configure your Computer IP address to “Obtain an IP address automatically” .
4) Connect internet cable to router on port labeled "WAN". Connect PC to any LAN ports available.
5) Now lets configure wireless router. Open any browser you have (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.). On the address bar type: "192.168.1.1" (without quotes). Default username: admin ; default password: admin click "OK".
6) Go through "SETUP WIZARD" until you reach the "Setup WAN Interface" page. On "WAN Access Type:" select "DHCP" then click next.
7) You may configure your "Basic Wireless Settings" to Public or Private until finished configuring.
8) On "Operation Mode" be sure you operate on "Gateway" mode.
You can configure the wireless router from unauthorized access by connect a LAN cable from the computer to the router and open a browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
To secure your wireless network from unauthorized access please click on this link and follow my instructions :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
You need to have a cable connection from the laptop to the router first then go to the router setting by typing something like 192.x.x.x which differs from router to router.This should be available in the manual or in many cases are printed underneath the router.Once you get to the set up page for the router then you can set up the encryption type and create a key which will be needed by the laptop to connect to the network.Hope this helps.