I have recently given my daughter my old phone but I am unable to activate bluetooth. When trying to pair her phone with mine it says 'Enter Passcode' none of us knows the passcode and have tried everything we can think of. Other search sites have not helped as the numbers they suggest do not work. Any advice welcome please!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to switch on the bluetooth in both device then search the device in your phone ,same time while you searching in your phone press the button repeatedly in your bluetooth headset.Then device will found in the phone and connect it.
When you get an error "unable to perform Bluetooth operation", it means that one of the Bluetooth devices is not communicating correctly. It could be your phone, or it could be the Bluetooth device that you are trying to connect to. And that will depend on the device that you're connecting.
There's a possibility that the Bluetooth requirement of your device is not supported by your Nokia phone. Example, you are trying to pair up a Bluetooth handsfree car kit. "IF" the phone does not support the handsfree profile, then you will get this error message.
So, you need to make sure that your device and your phone is compatible with each other. Second, try to pair up the phone into different Bluetooth devices, like phones, headset, etc. Doing this will let you know if the Bluetooth on your phone is working or not. If it works with another Bluetooth devices, then the problem has something to do with the device that you are trying to connect to.
To set up a Bluetooth connection, do the following: 1. Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth.
2. To activate or deactivate the Bluetooth function, select Bluetooth > On or Off. Indicates an active Bluetooth connection.
3. To search for compatible Bluetooth audio devices, select Search for audio enhancements and the device that you want to connect to the phone. To search for any Bluetooth device in range, select Paired devices. Select New to list any Bluetooth device in range. Scroll to a device, and select Pair.
4. Enter the Bluetooth passcode of the device to associate (pair) the device to your phone. You must only give this passcode when you connect to the device for the first time. Your phone connects to the device, and you can start data transfer.
1. Ensure that your phone is switched on.
2. If the headset has not been previously paired with a device, switch on the
headset. The headset enters the pairing mode, and the indicator light starts
to flash blue quickly.
If the headset has been previously paired with another device, switch off
the headset, and press and hold the multifunction key until the indicator
light starts to flash blue quickly.
3. Activate the Bluetooth feature on the phone, and set it to search for
Bluetooth devices. See the user guide of your phone for instructions.
4. Select the headset from the list of found devices.
5. Enter the passcode 0000 to pair and connect the headset to your phone. In
some phones, you may need to make the connection separately after
pairing. You only need to pair the headset with your phone once.
If pairing is successful, the headset appears in the menu of the mobile phone
where you can view the currently paired Bluetooth devices.
When the headset is connected with your mobile phone and ready for use, the
indicator light of the headset slowly flashes blue.