Display for radio stuck in '7 SAFE' mode
This sounds like a Phillips Car Stereo:
To get the code in:
1. Turn the stereo off.
2. Turn off the ignition
3. Turn the ignition back on (dash warning lights on)
4. Hold and keep down the AS button on the stereo.
5. Turn the stereo on.
6. Release the AS button after 4 dashes appear on the display
7. Now enter code (if code = 7009. Press preset button 1 seven times, button
4 nine times
If you go past you can go round again by pressing the
preset button repeatedly
8. Once all 4 numbers are correct hold down AS again until you hear a beep (2 - 5 seconds)
9. The stereo after beeping will scan to program channels
You have 10 attempts to get the code in. However some models will not give you the number of attempts remaining!
Time delays work as follows:
Attempt 1. 10 seconds
Attemp 2. 30 seconds.
Attempt 3. 10 minutes.
Attempt 4. 20 minutes
Attempt 5. 40 minutes
Attempt 6. 80 minutes
Attempt 7 160 minutes
Attempt 8 320 minutes
Attempt 9. 640 minutes (yes that is 10 hours 40 minutes!!)
Vitally important thing to remember, the countdown timer works only
when the radio is switched on. ANY interruption in the power will reset
So, be prepared for a VERY long wait to be able to enter the code!
Oh, and if it has reached 10 attempts, then it needs a dealer unlock.
May 09, 2009 |
Car Speakers & Subwoofers