Question about Standard (CRT) Televisions
Purchased used TV with RC2882/01 remote control, but security setting is set to high so I cannot access the setup menu. Is there a way to overcome this problem without purchasing the T374AH remote control.
If you have a Pronto you can get codes from Remote Central otherwise you might want to look for a higher-end universal remote that may have the Setup keys you're looking for.
There are also several JP-1 remotes out there that allow programming codes like Pronto, but not as simple.
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2011 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
The Setup menu allows you to access the GUIDE Plus+ system setup information. To access the
1. If the GUIDE Plus+ system isn't on your screen, press GUIDE on your remote control.
2. Press MENU to select the Menu Bar.
3. Use the right arrow to highlight the Setup menu selection.
4. Use the up and down arrows to select Change system settings, Review options, or
• Change system settings Confirms the settings you completed in the GUIDE Plus+
system setup are correct.
• Review options Displays the GUIDE Plus+ system auto display options.
On Automatically displays the GUIDE Plus+ system when you press the ON•OFF
button on the remote control.
Off Disables the GUIDE Plus+ system from being displayed when you press the
ON•OFF button on the remote control.
• View demo Runs the GUIDE Plus+ system demonstration
Note: If you have not completed your GUIDE Plus+ system setup, these options will not be available. A
screen will prompt you to complete your setup.
Getting In & Out of the GUIDE Plus+ System
To enter the GUIDE Plus+ system:
• Press GUIDE on the remote.
• Press and hold MENU for 2 seconds on the front panel.
To exit the GUIDE Plus+ system:
• Highlight a program and press OK to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and tune
to the channel.
• Press GUIDE to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and tune to the channel
displayed in the video window.
• Press CLEAR to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and return to the original
Dec 04, 2010 | RCA 32V420T 32" TV
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharp 25N-S100 25" TV
Feb 11, 2009 | Sharp 25N-M100 25" TV
Aug 14, 2008 | Philips 20PT6441 20" TV
Feb 03, 2008 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
Dec 09, 2007 | LG DU-27FB32C TV
Dec 08, 2007 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!