Question about PC Desktops
PC does not post:
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the ram and clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· and re-insert them,
· swap them around if you have more than one, try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends pc ,if that's possible,
· or take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram is ok, try a recovery /system disc's or bootable anti virus disc ,if that does not work, then it is most likely, that the motherboard or cpu has failed .
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the PC from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on.
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2012 | eMachines T3508 PC Desktop
Jan 21, 2011 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jul 13, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Jun 25, 2009 | PC Desktops
Dec 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
Nov 17, 2008 | PC Desktops
Oct 13, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Apr 21, 2008 | PC Desktops
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!