Question about Computers & Internet
PC does not post:
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the ram and clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· and re-insert them,
· swap them around if you have more than one, try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends pc ,if that's possible,
· or take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram is ok, try a recovery /system disc's or bootable anti virus disc ,if that does not work, then it is most likely, that the motherboard or cpu has failed .
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the PC from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on.
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2013 | Televison & Video
Nov 10, 2012 | eMachines T3508 PC Desktop
Oct 29, 2010 | Dyson DC16 Root 6 Bagless Handheld...
Oct 13, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 12, 2008 | Jazz DV-179 Digital Camera
Apr 06, 2008 | Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110
Nov 02, 2007 | Panasonic TH-42PX60U Television
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!