Question about Nintendo DS Console

1 Answer

Not working My DS recently experienced a coke spill on a table and worked from then on. Since the battery died, the DS has not turned on since. I have tried charging the system and no luck. I have also done numerous tests on both the battery and the system and again, no luck. Please help!

Posted by on

1 Answer

Go to "my nintendo" at nintendo.com and ask for a repair

Posted on Apr 05, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Dell Latitude D600 Laptop - Freezes when battery plugged in.


Hi,

It's highly unlikely that it's the battery that's at fault here as you have already explained what has happened here.
By the sounds of what you have done it is the diet coke which has done some damage here.

It has probably seeped through the keyboard and has got onto the components that regulate the charge to the battery.

You would have to completely disassemble the laptop and clean all of the sticky coke from all the components inside the laptop. It won't work properly until you have cleaned the motherboard and all other circuit boards that connect to it.
Once it's cleaned the battery may start to charge properly again.

If you need anymore advice please post back.


Regards.

Jul 27, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook

2 Answers

Unable to charge battery


Hi,

Well, yes there is a solution to this, but it still will cost you some bucks.

This sounds like you have a bad battery.

Usually when you have a bad charger, the same things happen that you describe. Only difference is your system won't come back on if the battery has fully died.

In your situation the battery does come on, but not for long. Which leads me to believe your charger is still working, however your defective battery is only being charged to a certain level.

I would recommend you use another battery with the same charger and see if you get the same results.

IF YOU DO..

Try a different charger.

If you're still experiencing the same results with a new charger and battery, then I'm afraid the problem is your charging port. If so, you would have to have this system repaired.


I wish you luck and hope I helped!


- Great

Apr 13, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite Console

1 Answer

Motor problem?


If its still working then GREAT! The direct drive system uses magnetic frequency to drive the table platter. If you havnt already....Remove the platter and clean the coke off the magnet under it. Not sure at this point but hope that helps!

Apr 04, 2010 | Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable

1 Answer

Nintendo DS bottom screen flashes then dies


Hi,
If both of your screens are flashing, you must be experiencing a bad battery or your system has come into contact with some liquid.

A battery replacement or repair is needed to fix this problem.

Mar 31, 2010 | Nintendo DS Console

2 Answers

My son has spilt coke on the laptop 1 key not working O


If you spill drinks on a keyboard, something is bound to break, and apparantly only the O key did... The only way to fix it is to get a new keyboard, I'm sorry. I hope this helps, Yannick.

Jun 09, 2009 | Toshiba Equium 2000 (PV1065E0-011FR) PC...

1 Answer

Spilled diet coke on laptop. Buttons light up but the screen remains black.


Disconnect your battery and neveeeer turn it on. It must be, no power is connected to it. Then bring your unit to a authorized repairer.

They will clean it and have it dry, check others. This will gonna involved disassembling the unit.

May 31, 2009 | Microsoft HP Pavilion DV6276US Notebook PC

2 Answers

Coke spilled on to the keyboard for my laptop, but i still can turn it on and the mouse will work but the keyboard won't, i took off the keyboard to dry under it and put it back together but keyboard still...


Take it to the closest computer repair shop... And have them clean your laptop... Maybe the coke short circuited something on the board, and now it doesn't work ...

Mar 18, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 270XV Notebook

1 Answer

Spilled coke on nintendo ds


Sometimes these things happen and the only way for you to fix it at home is remove the game, and let it dry out for a few days then try it again, BUT DO NOT TRY TURNING IT ON UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY DRY or this will fry the circut board. If this does not work you will have to take it to a place to have it fixed.

Feb 01, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console

1 Answer

Front passanger window not working


could either be switch contacts are dirty from coke spill or something, or the switch plastic is broken. ( get known good switch pack from another car off junkyard or from a saab dealer's other car. if that won't work, then try the window regulator motor in the door.

Jan 20, 2009 | 1997 Saab 900

4 Answers

Power problems with DS Lite


Really sounds like a dead battery. The DS will not work if the battery is bad even when it's plugged in. You get the quick flash of the power light and that's it.

Mar 29, 2008 | Nintendo DS Console

Not finding what you are looking for?
Nintendo DS Console Logo

Related Topics:

36 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Bee Santiago

Level 2 Expert

268 Answers

Raj Patel

Level 3 Expert

892 Answers

phil

Level 2 Expert

567 Answers

Are you a Nintendo Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...