Onkyo SR606 - Loud Poping
It could be a number of things,
1. an electrical short in the house. Try plugging it into another circuit with an extension cord.
2. A bad RCA cable that is input from one of your sources.
3. its probably a bad unit if you have Zone one and two playing at the same time the same source, but it only happens on zone 1.
4. a bad speaker can make a poping like sound, does it happen on all speakers? unplug all but one and one at a time try to determine if the problem sticks, if not, then one of the speakers is out of phase or blown.
5. Playing music froma computer source will sometimes make a pop if your computer is slow or bogged down with checking emails..etc. mine sometimes studders PPPPPPPrioRRRRRity CCCCCLLLLLLLLEEEEERRRRANCCCEE AAAAAAALLLLPPPPPHAAAA OOOOOOONE.
it also pops real loud when booting or shutting down.
Personal note ........windows is such a hassle for Media systems.
I hope something here helps!
Dec 31, 2008 |
Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver