Windows xp pro windows explorer not showing any drives
When I bring up an explorer window and I click on "My Computer", the search flashlight just keeps searching for my local drives. When I log on in "safe mode everything is fine. I have administrator status. Dos windows work. Any suggestions?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: windows xp pro windows explorer not showing any...
Do u know regestry? follow my instruction go run give command regedit then [HKEY_current_user\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoDrives"=dword:3ffffff else write in notepad save as ..reg execute it. for more help call me +919441133420 ur's kishore chowdary.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can find the product key. just follow these steps.
Insert Windows XP cd into a working computer. Exit the Auto-run introduction.Open "My Computer" Right Click on the Windows XP cd-rom drive and select explore.Open the USWXP32P_ZX folder. (It may be as a hidden folder. If you cannotlocate the folder, you may also search forunattend.txtand mark "Search Hidden Files".)Open the sysprep folder. Open unattend.txt
Your CD's product key is containedwithin the unattend.txt file.
Find Windows XP Product Key from the Windows XP CD:
1) Insert Windows XP cd into a working computer. 2) Exit the Autorun introduction. 3) Open "My Computer" 4) Right Click on the Windows XP cd-rom drive and select explore. 5) Open the USWXP32P_ZX folder. 6) Open the sysprep folder. 7) Open unattend.txt
Your CD's product key is contained within the unattend.txt file. Note: On some system disks, USWXP32P_ZX is a hidden folder. If you cannot locate the folder, you may also search for unattend.txt and mark "Search Hidden Files".
1. Enable Hidden Files and Folders: 1. A. Windows XP : 1. a.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1. a.ii. On the “Tools” menu, click on “folder options”. 1.a.iii. On the “view” tab, locate “Advanced settings” and then follow these steps: Check the option “Show Hidden files and folders” Clear the option, “Hide protected operating system files check box”. Clear the option, “Hide file extensions for know file types check box”. 1. a.iv. Click ok and close the window. 1.B. Windows Vista : 1.b.i. Click on “Start”, click “My Computer” 1.b.ii. In the Explorer window, click “Organize” 1.b.iii. Choose “Folder and Search Options”. 1.b.iv. In the folder options window, click on “View” tab 1.b.v. Select the option “Show hidden files and folders” click “ok”.
2. Delete Windows Live Contacts folder : 2. a. Click on “Start”; double click on “My computer” 2. b. Browse to the location Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows logon name>\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft Windows Vista: C:\Users\<Your Windows logon name>\App Data\Local\Microsoft 2. c. Delete “Windows live contacts folder” completely. Note:
Ensure to exit Windows live Messenger from the task manager before
deleting Windows live contacts cache folder, otherwise you will get an
error prompting that you can’t delete the folder . 2. d. Try signing into Windows Live Messenger.
Windows XP Product Key from the Windows XP CD:
1) Insert Windows XP cd into a working computer. 2) Exit the Autorun introduction. 3) Open “My Computer” 4) Right Click on the Windows XP cd-rom drive and select explore. 5) Open the USWXP32P_ZX folder. (It may be as a hidden folder. If you cannot locate the folder, you may also search for unattend.txt and mark “Search Hidden Files”.) 6) Open the sysprep folder. 7) Open unattend.txt
Your CD’s product key is contained within the unattend.txt file.
Try Scanning your Computer For Computer Viruses.
then re-install Windows XP.
Your files will remain intact, if you select to leave the hard-drive As it is ( rather Than Format it ) or setup on a different Partition.
Backup your Valuable Docs/Files First.
Windows re-installation will replace any Missing-deleted Corrupt Files.
hope This Helps you.