Stopped working, does not seem to cook anything or even heat anything up and cuts out after about 30 seconds.
Have removed but not sure where to start can anyone help me!!.
PS its about 3 years old and not much use either thanks
Sounds like the Magnetron may have collapsed. Probably not worth repairing. Check for burnt/browned components on circuit board/s. Burnt wires, insect or ant damage or soiling. Magnetron is the large-ish square metal object with lots of heat-sink fins on it. Check for discolouration. If nothing obvious, it's probably stuffed, If something is obvious, it's still stuffed, but it may be repairable.:::Spiceweasel.au
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Our GE over-the-range microwave stopped producing heat yesterday while warming part of the T-giving feast. Everything else (fan, control panel, light) works fine.
After disassembly and testing last night, I discovered a defective "secondary door switch." Your Kenmore uses a similar switch (~$19 on-line), and that might be the problem. But it also could be other things, such as a bad thermal cut-out.
If you know anyone who's handy with a multimeter, most of the basic diagnostics seem to be pretty straightforward.
We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!