I have an HP computer, purchased in 06, My question is do I need the Adapter 2902 SCSI Interface Card. Also, can I us USB, I know I would have to get an adapter for the cable, since the scanner has 2 SCSI ports and 1 Serial, of course the only port left on my computer is a USB. In short can I still use the scanner?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to Microsoft.com and type "updates for W7" into the search bar. All updates available will appear and then you can see if the controller is listed. However, please note that hardly anything can be inter-changed between the two operating systems of XP and 7.
First, a power adapter is required to connect your scanner. the power adapter must be supplied with the scanner. If your scanjet 5470c scanner is having USB interface or connectivity, then you need USB cable and if it is SCSI interface, then you need SCSi cable to connect to your PC. The cables are usually be supplied with the scanner. If lost, you may have purchase teh same. For further assistance, please visit the following link:
You can download: ScanWizard 5 version 6.63
Extract to folder on desktop.
1. Plug in your Scanner
2. Go to Control Panel (Windows 7 - 64 and 32 bit)
3. Go to Device Manager
4. Go to Imaging devices (or Other devices)
5. Find what windows have installed Right Click
6. Update Driver Software..
7. Click - Browse my computer for driver software
8. Click - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
9. Click - Have Disk
10. Browse to your desktop or position where you extracted 6.63, point to "....drv_sw5_v6_63_ad\Disk1\Vista\AMD64\..." Pick any of INF files I picked first
11. You will see 4800 Scanner and USB 2.0 Scanner, I picked first 4800 then USB 2.0 and both works.
I managed before to do it with simple install but well, it works .. ;)
You should be able to download the proper drivers for your Operating System directly from Microtek:
Since you didn't tell us which country you're located in, or which OS you're using, I can't provide any more specific information for you...
The Download page is located here, for users in the US:
From what I could determine, the X6 model was discontinued some time ago, and there were at least THREE versions of it; you'll have to find it listed under the Product Category in the Discontinued Products section, then choose the version (parallel port / EPP, SCSI, or USB), in order to download the driver you need. Seems that the SCSI version has drivers ONLY for Apple computers; if you're using Windows, you'll need to choose one of the other options...
OK WELL I HAVE A MICROTEK SLIMSCAN C3 AND I HAVE THE CABLE FOR THE POWER AND FOR USB......BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DON'T HAVE THE CD TO INSTALL THIS.
IS THERE ANY ONTHER WAY TO INSTALL THIS IN MY COMPUTER WITH OUT THE CD??????
PLEASE EMAIL ME TO firstname.lastname@example.org IF U HAVE THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!
THE PROPER WAY ON INSTALLING USB DEVICES
A. Enable usb ports on the BIOS.
1. Do not plug in your device right away. Install all drivers and software first!
3. Plug the power or turn on your USB Device
4. Plug in the USB Port.
5. Windows Will detect the Device Automatically.
Hope this helps.