Question about Televison & Video
I've got a pioneer dvd player (model:DV-989AVi-s), it is currently locked to region 4, how can I make it region free? Is there a firmware upgrade I can download? or key pad entry from the remote control that I can key in to unlock it?
Converting the player to Multi-Region:
Requires the use of a Palm Pilot w/Palm OS 3.0 or later and the OmniRemote Pro from http://www.pacificneotek.com/
(Other PDAs using Palm OS and compatible with the OmniRemote Pro from http://www.pacificneotek.com/ can also be used).
1. Program the Palm Pilot/OmniRemote. For instructions on programming the Palm Pilot/OmniRemote click How to Program the Palm Pilot.
2. Power on the DVD player without any DVD in the tray.
3. Keep the programmed Palm Pilot close to the IR port of the DVD player.
4. Start the OmniRemote program.
5. Place OmniRemote in TV mode and tap the "0" button on the OmniRemote.
6. The DVD player will power off.
7. Power the DVD player on again. Check the Region-free status by playing a DVD.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
hey. the manual has its region codes. we have the same problem. my dvd player says re61 and i don't know how to key in the code... i tried to press the 4 number codes but doesn't work. arrgh. makes me wanna throw it!
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
y DV-220KV-K, which is sold as a Multi Region DVD player has locked up on me. The following message comes onto the TV screen...
(Player's Region Setting)
<1> : Region
<2> : Region
<3> : Region
<4> : Region
<5> : Region
<6> : Region
Pick out any one of these!
The message remains on the screen ALL the time and I'm locked out of viewing anything. The remote is locked and so I cannot pick any of the region numbers!
Posted on Dec 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2010 | Pioneer DV-F727 DVD Player
Dec 12, 2009 | Pioneer Televison & Video
Dec 08, 2009 | Pioneer DV-220V-K DVD Player
Nov 28, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 19, 2009 | Pioneer DV-310 DVD Player
Apr 24, 2009 | Pioneer DV-300-K Player
Dec 18, 2008 | Pioneer Televison & Video
Dec 13, 2007 | Televison & Video
May 27, 2017 | Televison & Video
280 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!