Question about Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
On my second remote since last May. The remotes work great for 5 months....then they stop keeping the correct day/time (resets to a random day/time) and start sending out double commands. The problem is resolved when I sync the remote. It will work problem free (keeps day/time for a few days and correct commands) for a few days and then "glitch" out at random. Any ideas?
Try a firmware upgrade if a firmware upgrade doesnt work, try e-mailing them from www.logitech.com go to contact us and send an e-mail:
1. Log into the Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your computer
2. Click on the Downloads button at the top-right corner of your screen
3. Click on the Firmware button. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Harmony remote
4. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click on the Update Remote button
5. Test your remote.
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Programming the RCA RCR6373 or RCR6373N Universal Remote
To use this universal remote with your home entertainment system, first you need to program it to control your devices. There are four ways you can program the universal remote to operate your devices:
Note: If you accidentally press the REVERSE key after your device turns on, press the FORWARD key. Then, wait two seconds to see if your device turns off again.
- Throughout the programming of each key, be sure to keep the remote pointed at the IR sensor of the device you are currently programming the remote to control.
- Test the remote with the device to make sure the device key is programmed with the correct code for maximum functionality. If some features don't work, try a different code. See the "Testing the Code for Maximum Functionality" section below for more information.
- During the Auto Code Search, the remote ignores keypresses that aren't part of the search.
- The search times out after two minutes (the LED blinks four times and turns off, and the last programmed code under that device key is retained).
- The indicator light blinks four times and turns off when the remote has gone through all the codes. The remote exits the Auto Code Search. If your device hasn't turned off yet, try a different search method.
Testing the Code for Maximum Functionality:
- Try a variety of the device's functions with the remote. If some device features don't work, go to the next step to try a different code.
- Repeat the Auto Code Search Method from the beginning. When your device turns off, do not stop searching. Instead, with the unit now off, continue to press the PLAY key every 5 seconds until the unit turns back on.
- Once the unit turns back on, press the REVERSE key on the remote every 2 seconds until your device turns off again. When your device turns off again, press the STOP key.
- Test the key's functionality again by attempting to control a variety of the device's functions. If the code that has been stored controls the majority of the device's functions, programming is complete. If the code stored does not give maximum functionality, try another code.
May 17, 2014 | Remote Controls
Oct 26, 2013 | Remote Controls
Oct 06, 2010 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Jun 14, 2010 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Oct 20, 2009 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Oct 17, 2009 | Remote Controls
Sep 11, 2009 | Remote Controls
Jul 01, 2008 | RCA RCR311B Remote Control
Nov 05, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Dec 12, 2013 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
144 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: