My router wont reset. I pushed the button and held for 10 seconds, 15 seconds and on up to a minute, nothing happens. The power light, 1 2 3 and 4, and the internet light stay on constantly even though it is just plugged into power.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The admin username and password might be changed. if you are not familiar, you can reset the router to its factory default settings by pressing and holding the reset button at the back of your router. you will see there a small button, usually, encircled red. Use a pen or a pointed thing to reset it.
you have to press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds while it is on.
Wait for a minute and try to access your router again.
In Netgear routers if the tick light is on that mean there are some issues in the router. Normal by resetting the router to factory default can be solve these issues. Please follow the steps below to reset the router.
1. Locate the reset hole at the back of the router. 2. Press the reset button with the help of pen or a pointed object for 15 seconds. 3. Take out the power cable without releasing the reset button. 4. Plug the power back cable without releasing the reset button. 5. Hold the button for 15 more seconds and then release it. 6. Take out the power and plug it back and check the status.
There's a reset button on the back of the router, it's a small button that you can press using a paper clip. Press it for 15 seconds to reset it.
Reset 1: Press the reset button for 15 seconds at the back of the router while the router is on.
Reset 2: Press the reset button for 15 seconds while the router is on after 15 seconds unplug the power cord while holding the reset button then count another 15 seconds and release the reset button. Then plug the power cord back in.
Reset 3: Press the reset button for 15 seconds while the router is on after 15 seconds unplug the power cord while holding the reset button then count another 15 seconds and plug the power cord back in while the reset button is plugged in and count another 15 seconds release the reset button.
1. Reset the router by pressing the reset button of the router for 15 seconds while the power cord is plugged in and while the router is powered on. 2. Release Reset button after 15 seconds and unplug the power cord of the router then press the reset button again for 15 seconds. 3. After 15 seconds release the reset button and replug the power cord then press the reset button again for 15 seconds.
If this didn't work. 1. Plug the power cord to the router, and unplug it do this 7 times then reset for 15 seconds while it's unplugged and plug it back it and press the reset button for 15 seconds and release it. Try to check if there's any changes.