Question about PC Desktops
Laptop does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· try the following first.check battery is seated correctly and that the power pack is functioning,
· if the battery has gone flat and the power pack is not working ,the laptop will not start.
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the screw(s) holding the cover plate on the back of the laptop where the ram lives and remove the memory sticks,
· clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one,
· try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends laptop ,if that's possible, or
· get a friend or family member to download a "memory chip diagnostic's" program such as memcheck 1.70 and boot up of it ,it will check your ram ,if not
· take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram and power pack is ok,
· it may be that the motherboard or the cpu is failing
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the laptop from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on
please rate my efforts
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2013 | HP PAVILION M8200N PC Desktop
Aug 23, 2012 | HP Pavilion a6720f PC Desktop
Jan 17, 2011 | HP Pavilion 734n PC Desktop
Apr 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion a320n PC Desktop
Apr 12, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1600n (882780776265) PC...
Nov 21, 2009 | HP Pavilion 533w (P9859AR#ABA) PC Desktop
May 10, 2009 | Gateway 5200S PC Desktop
Nov 22, 2008 | HP PC Desktops
Jan 14, 2008 | HP Pavilion a305w (DM181AR) PC Desktop
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!