Question about Computers & Internet
Laptop does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· try the following first.check battery is seated correctly and that the power pack is functioning,
· if the battery has gone flat and the power pack is not working ,the laptop will not start.
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the screw(s) holding the cover plate on the back of the laptop where the ram lives and remove the memory sticks,
· clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one,
· try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends laptop ,if that's possible, or
· get a friend or family member to download a "memory chip diagnostic's" program such as memcheck 1.70 and boot up of it ,it will check your ram ,if not
· take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram and power pack is ok,
· it may be that the motherboard or the cpu is failing
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the laptop from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on
please rate my efforts
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv9005us Notebook
Apr 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion a320n PC Desktop
Jan 26, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Jul 29, 2009 | HP Pavilion N5150 Notebook
May 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2214us Notebook
May 10, 2009 | Gateway 5200S PC Desktop
Nov 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 16, 2008 | HP OmniBook XE3 Notebook
256 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!