My Sanza Fuze 8gb will not turn on. I charged it completely on my computer late last week and shut it off. Today I tried to turn it on several times. Also tried to press the "on" button for 10-20...
First thing to do is:
Try other USB ports on your computer. A USB port on the back of a PC usually has better power output.
Try a different cable if there's one available, to rule out if you have a bad cable.
Try another computer.
If none of the above works:
Then-Check and refresh the drivers in Windows, for a Portable Device.
1 - Connect your Sansa player to the PC
2 - Check under Device Manager
-> 1. Right-click My Computer, and select Manage.
NOTE: The player should show up on the Device Manager's right pane as:
1. USB Mass Storage device (if the player is set to MSC)
2. Portable Device (if the player is set to MTP mode.)
If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) beside the device, try to refresh the drivers.
Then - Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action then select Scan for hardware changes.
If your BRAND NEW Sansa player is NOT recognized by the computer when plugged in:
This may be caused by one of the following:
1. Minimum system requirements were not met.
2. Corrupted drivers.
3. Computer restrictions, Vista or 7 authorizations.
4. Power issue, plug your player into the back of the computer.
Next be sure you are using Windows Media player :
Version 10 or 11
Download and install the latest Windows Media Player if it's not installed.
If all this has failed - Refresh the drivers again.
If all that does not work - Manually add the hardware driver.
1. Connect the Sansa player in MTP mode
2. Manually install the device driver through Windows device manager in control panel. Install the Device as a Portable Device.
Feb 11, 2010 |
SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player