Question about Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave

Kids tried to melt chocolate in the microwave and it started on fire. There is now a burn mark at the bottom of the microwave and sometimes when you heat up food it stinks like burning rubber.

Is it safe to use the microwave? Is there a way to get rid of the smell?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 52 Answers

First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Posted on Aug 19, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave plug started melting and is leaking what appears to be oil


Replace it. it may have a short near the plug causing it to melt. if the wires touch you may have a fire on your hands.

Nov 10, 2013 | Whirlpool MT4155SP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I am looking for the recipe for the chocolate fountain. What is the ratio of chocolate chips to oil?


You can buy special chocolate fountain chocolate to use, or you can just use standard milk / dark chocolate chips and add 1/2 a cup of good vegetable or coconut oil for every pound (16 Oz) of chocolate.

There are many different variations on the recipe and you can Google CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN RECIPE to get an idea of the many different options which include adding cream or liqueur.

Basically you just want to melt your chocolate on the stove in a double boiler if possible.
If you use a microwave, then carefully heat only on low power and stir after every minute.

Pour the melted chocolate into the fountain base and turn on the fountain for a few minutes. Then shut it off for a minute to allow it to vent any air and restart.

You can always add a little more oil to the recipe if the chocolate does not flow properly.

Good luck and enjoy.

Apr 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Is it safe to use a microwave if some thing inside of it caught on fire?


Its no problem at all so long as it still runs normally. Only problem, is the smell will annoy you for a while. Give oven a good wipe down with a good cleaning agent.(I'm assuming the fire didn't get out of control).

Sep 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Kenmore microwave mod. # 721.62463200 Fire


This sort of thing is caused by food particles burning and maybe the wave guide cover has a hole in it. They do not, if used correctly, burn as you describe.

May 19, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

E-wave KOT-152UB glass tray and turning ring melted


Sounds like some metal is involved somehow. If the unit otherwise works, replace the damaged parts. Test with a cup filled with water.

Dec 08, 2007 | Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven Logo

863 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

vince

Level 3 Expert

911 Answers

gbob59

Level 3 Expert

2992 Answers

Are you a Danby Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...