Question about Epson Stylus Photo 1290 InkJet Printer
It's Windows XP. 2002 Service Pack 2.
Try uninstalling the driver from add and remove program: epson printer software.
and we need to completely trash epson files on yur computer:
**printer should be directly hook up on your computer via USB if its on a network status monitor will not actually show up:
**is this the only epson printer that you have on your system? if it is then we can go ahead and delete registry info:
Now we need to remove specific references to the product in the registry.
1. Click on START, then RUN.
2. In the RUN window, type in REGEDIT and press OK.
3. In the upper menu bar click on FILE, then EXPORT.
4. In the window that comes up, SAVE IN should be set to DESKTOP.
5. In the FILE NAME section at the bottom of the window type in REGBACKUP.
6. EXPORT RANGE should have a dot next to ALL.
7. Click on SAVE.
8. Look at the column on the left.
9. Click on the “+” sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
10. Click on the “+” sign next to SOFTWARE
11. Click on the “+” sign next to Epson
12. Click on the “+” sign next to PRINTER
13. If you see a reference to your printer's model, right click and delete it.
14. Click on the “-“ signs next to PRINTER, EPSON, SOFTWARE, HKEY_CURRENT_USER to close up this branch.
15. Click on the “+” sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
16. Click on the “+” sign next to SOFTWARE
17. Click on the “+” sign next to EPSON
18. Look for a folder with the name of your printer model. Right click on it and Delete it (if you don’t see it, then don’t worry about it).
19. Scroll down and look for a folder named PRINTER and click on the “+” sign to the left of it.
20. Look for a reference to your printer model. Right Click on it and delete it.
21. Click on the “-“ signs next to EPSON, SOFTWARE, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to close up this branch.
22. Close the registry editor.
reinstall driver from epson website: support.epson.com
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Oct 02, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jul 10, 2010 | EliteGroup Computers & Internet
Mar 15, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jan 13, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Aug 29, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition Sp2...
Aug 17, 2008 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: