Question about Computers & Internet
Let's see if we can get your laptop connected to the Internet.
First, I have some questions and a few instructions for you.
(01) Is this a new (to you) router?
(02) Do you already have one or more computers connecting successfully to the Internet using this router?
(03) If yes, are any of them connecting wirelessly?
(04) Have you recently (at another location for example) successfully connected this laptop to the Internet? If so, did you connect it "wired" or "wirelessly".
(05) Are you trying to connect your laptop to your router "wirelessly" or "wired"?
(06) If you are trying to connect the laptop wirelessly, turn off your laptop's wireless radio and connect the laptop to the router "wired" instead (using an "Ethernet Patch Cable"). Once we've established that the laptop is capable of connecting to the Internet via the simpler "wired" connection, then we'll move on to the more complex wireless connection.
(07) Please, go HERE to download the manual for your particular router. You will need to determine the version number of the WRT54G model 1st. There are instructions there that will guide you through this.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 25, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 01, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 09, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 15, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 01, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 17, 2018 | Amazon Computers & Internet
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!