Question about Toshiba 200GB USB 2.0 Portable External 200 GB Hard Drive
I have a Mac Book with Leopard OS. Mother ship Apple just set me an update and once I updated my computer it no longer reads the Toshiba hard drive.
It sounds like a permissions issue, allways repair permissions after an update and dont use the machine while installing updates. If it will not repair permissions from disc utility then boot from the install disc, select language and on the page that appears there is a menu bar at the top, select utilities and disc utility and use that.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2015 | Apple TV MB189LL/A 160GB RTL 160 GB USB...
Jun 26, 2014 | Toshiba Canvio Hard Drives
Sep 23, 2011 | SimpleTech 1TB HITACHI SIMPLEDRIVE IIUSB...
How do I format the external hard drive on a Macintosh computer?
To format the drive for MAC OSX
1. Connect the drive to your computer.
2. Open Disk Utility. (Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility). Select the hard drive in the left hand column and click on the Erase tab.
3. In the Volume Format drop-down menu, select Mac OS Extended *.
4. Once you have selected the format and have named the drive, click on Erase. You will be presented with a 'Are you Sure' dialog.
5. The drive will format and upon completion will be available for use.
Note: * For the best performance, we recommend using Mac OS Extended format. However, if you will be transferring files between a Windows system and a Macintosh, format the drive as MS-DOS (FAT32) or use a program such as MediFour
Jul 20, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jul 11, 2011 | Western Digital 1TB My Passport Essential...
Apr 23, 2011 | Western Digital Wd Elements Se 1tb...
Nov 24, 2009 | Memorex Mega Travel Drive HDD 12GB 12 GB...
Sep 21, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
May 06, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Feb 13, 2008 | Hard Drives
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: