An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert who has answered 5 questions.
Re: sparks when turned on from indide right hand side
Well, I've had this problem before, the cause of the problem was grease, dirt, and food grime stuck between the magnetron and the plate. When I mean stuck I don't mean a glob or chunk it was a layer. So my advice to you is to take it apart, clean it up and put it back together. Be Careful Make sure nothing obstructs inside and outside, it must be sealed or you will get radiation going through you and you might be killed. SO MAKE SURE, you might even want to get it tested for radiation leak when your finished.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Actually, that's a feature! If you cook much on the range (stove) beneath the microwave, the heat will cause the microwave bottom to heat up quite a bit (just touch it!), and the microwave will turn on it's exhaust fan in an attempt to save itself from burning up. It will shut off in about 15 minutes after you turn off the source of heat.
But if the fan comes on by itself even when the microwave is cool (or at least not hot), then you probably have a defective fan thermostat. This thermostat is located behind the control console on the inside bottom of the microwave.
the microwave is sparking or arcing the waveguide cover might be
damaged and shorting out. Try removing the waveguide cover and see
if the problem goes away. If there are any damaged spots in the
microwave ceiling or sidewalls, repair them and paint them with
microwave oven paint. Replace the waveguide cover if it is burnt or
if it will not stay in place.
the microwave is sparking or arcing on the side walls the paint
might have chipped causing pitting in the metal oven wall. Use
microwave safe paint to touch up any bare metal spots.
the microwave is sparking or arcing near one of the rack supports,
remove the support, repaint any bare metal, install a new support.
Unplug the unit and do not plug it back, I can almost picture someone doing this, watching the sparks and smoke and oh the lights dim--Be smart here===either replace it out of hand or take to a repair shop to see if worth fixing or not and do not attempt to turn it on again.
If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test. If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out. If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
The igniter usually sparks for all burners on the stove at the same time. Usually a little water or gravy, or such has gotten on the little spike that stick up and throws the spark to the burner. If you will take a small brush, like a tooth brush and carefully clean around the little spike it normally starts sparking again. As it is right now, you should be able to see the spark on all the burners whenever you start any of the burners. Check to see on the one that is not lighting, I think you will find that it is not sparking at all right now.
You need to remove the grill above the door to find two more screws that go straight to the back wall plate. They will be on the left and right side. That is the only other way that they mount to the wall.
I have just replaced the bulb in my Panasonic NNA873 Dimension 4.
Please be careful,although it was an easy job, there is a capacitor inside which stores heavy loads of power and will release the electricity into you if you touch it!
YOU CANNOT REPLACE THE BULB FROM INSIDE THE MICROWAVE....... DO NOT REMOVE THE CARDBOARD-STYLE COVERING WHICH IS ATTACHED WITH ONE SCREW INSIDE THE MICROWAVE ON THE RIGHT.
To replace bulb will take 5 minutes.
UNPLUG microwave. Remove the outer cover by unscrewing about 6 screws (ordinary phillips) don't lose them into the workings.......
Bulb is located on the right side, nearer to the front. You cannot see the glass of the bulb, only the black plastic end piece, as the bulb sits upside down and vertically. Best if you check out what a T170 looks like on the internet, then you will know what you are looking for. For my Panasonic I needed a T170 (but be careful, they have different ends, some are straight, some right angled - mine was right angled - check before you buy and no, I don't think you can get them from any ordinary supermarket etc!!). Do not touch the bulb when replacing as the oil on your fingers will shorten its life.
Old bulb can be removed by taking out one screw and then pulling off the connectors - there is a little tab to push down to ease them off.
Then simply replace bulb!
When putting cover back on make sure all the tabs on top and sides go inside not outside casing.
Good luck. This is an easy job, just don't poke around anywhere else.
The cover is probably the magenetron. That is where the microwaves come from. If the bread was moist, it might have left condensate in the unit which is causing the sparking. Unplug the unit, leave the door open over night. If you can remove that cover, do so. Be sure to carefully replace it before using the unit. Never turn on a microwave with nothing in it.